ASTRO: Jupiter & Great Red Spot

Old July 31st 08, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Default ASTRO: Jupiter & Great Red Spot

I wish I could find a reason to complain about these images, but I can't.
I'm pretty happy with them considering my scope isn't all that big and the
position in the sky is so low. I'd really like to get my hands on a C14 or
C11 and see what I could come up with. About 950 frames stacked in each.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-31-08@0405.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2088  Click image for larger version

Name:	07-31-08@0500.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	2089  Click image for larger version

Name:	07-31-08@0515.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2090
Old July 31st 08, 08:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

I made this gif showing 30 minutes worth of rotation from last night.

Old July 31st 08, 08:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J.Warren wrote:
I made this gif showing 30 minutes worth of rotation from last night.

I love animations like this they say so much more than a static image or
even a series of static images.

Rick

Old July 31st 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Great images!

--
John N. Gretchen III