ASTRO: an early look see at the Crescent in the tricolor emission line palette

Old July 25th 08, 04:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: an early look see at the Crescent in the tricolor emission line palette

at f/12.6 signal builds slowly. even more so using emission line filters.
even more so when there is moon in a suburban sky

but still perseverence is occasionally rewarded.

I have quite a ways to go: I have a total of 25 x 20 minutes: a hair more
than 8 hours

but we are beginning to get some idea of what it might look like in the
wavelength ordered palette

it was taken at F=5760mm using the 18" classical cassegrain at f/12.6

the camera is the FLI Proline 9000 with Baader Halpha and FLI S2 and O3
filters

all subs were 20 minutes

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc6888_mk1sn2_f12_pl9k_baaderHa_fli_s2O3_25x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	2064
Old July 25th 08, 05:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Looking good Richard!

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old July 27th 08, 02:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard,

this image makes me want to retry NGC 6888 too, unfortunately it seems that
I always have something else to do when the sky is clear this summer...
And for 8 hours of data I'd have find 4 clear nights...

Stefan

m...