ASTRO: Another from last night: nebula season again/ M16

Old April 12th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Another from last night: nebula season again/ M16

I mentioned that I let the M51 galaxy shot let run unattended last night and
then I got up at 3am to image a summer nebula. Well that was M16 and I did
get 2 hours of Halpha

here's that image.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m16...4_ha2_page.htm

Shot with the Stinger 18" classical cass with the FLI Dream Machine camera
and a Custom Scientific 4.5nm Halpha filter

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m16_mk1sn2_dm_geg_cs4_ha_12x10min_svga.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1845
Old April 12th 08, 03:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Richard Crisp wrote:

I mentioned that I let the M51 galaxy shot let run unattended last night and
then I got up at 3am to image a summer nebula. Well that was M16 and I did
get 2 hours of Halpha

here's that image.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m16...4_ha2_page.htm

Shot with the Stinger 18" classical cass with the FLI Dream Machine camera
and a Custom Scientific 4.5nm Halpha filter

No fair, it can't be the end of galaxy season already. I've hardly had
a chance to image any of the several score on my list!

Rick

Old April 12th 08, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

Richard Crisp wrote:

I mentioned that I let the M51 galaxy shot let run unattended last night
and then I got up at 3am to image a summer nebula. Well that was M16 and
I did get 2 hours of Halpha

here's that image.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m16...4_ha2_page.htm

Shot with the Stinger 18" classical cass with the FLI Dream Machine
camera and a Custom Scientific 4.5nm Halpha filter

No fair, it can't be the end of galaxy season already. I've hardly had a
chance to image any of the several score on my list!

well I did have to get up at 3am to have it high enough to image....

In another month I guess that means 1 am and a month after perhaps 11pm?

I think you have at least another good 6 to 8 weeks left of the later
galaxies..

Old April 12th 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very nice picture Richard. I see that you are back to your favourite diet of
emission nebulae. You got some very good galaxy images in spring though, so
I guess you weren't too bored with spring skies ;-)

Stefan