ISS + Shuttle

Old March 26th 08, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Edward Erbeck

Default ISS + Shuttle

Here's a Shot of the International Space Station being followed by the
Shuttle from tonight.

F.L. 18mm, F 3.5, ISO 800 and 25 Second Exposure.

Crazy Ed

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-25-2008 ISS + Shuttle.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1806
Old March 26th 08, 05:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Edward Erbeck wrote:

Here's a Shot of the International Space Station being followed by the
Shuttle from tonight.

F.L. 18mm, F 3.5, ISO 800 and 25 Second Exposure.

Crazy Ed

I saw a note it was to be visible but not from my location. Snowing anyway.

Did you see Jules Verne? That was supposed to be up there someplace
too. Last I heard it was either ahead or behind the ISS but at the same
altitude.

Rick

Old March 28th 08, 04:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Edward Erbeck" wrote
Here's a Shot of the International Space Station being followed by
the
Shuttle from tonight.

F.L. 18mm, F 3.5, ISO 800 and 25 Second Exposure.

Crazy Ed

I'm glad you posted this Ed, since all I got to see was snow.

Years ago I got to see a similar pass, but back then the Station was not
as big and bright as it is now. I also got some e-mails from Florida friends
who saw the Shuttle come in, or at least experienced the double shock booms
rattling their windows. I've always wanted to see a Shuttle launch, but
every time I've been in the area they have canceled the launch for that day.

George N

Old March 29th 08, 12:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Edward Erbeck

"George Normandin" wrote:

I'm glad you posted this Ed, since all I got to see was snow.

I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Years ago I got to see a similar pass, but back then the Station was not
as big and bright as it is now.

On this Pass the ISS was at Mag. -2.2. Not quite an Iridium Flare but
it's getting there.

I also got some e-mails from Florida friends who saw the Shuttle come in,
or at least experienced the double shock booms rattling their windows.

I haven't heard a Sonic Boom since the '60's when I lived in the San
Fernando Valley and the Folks at Edwards A.F.B. were finding out if they had
"The Right Stuff" ;-). I got to see 2 X-15 Landings.

I've always wanted to see a Shuttle launch, but every time I've been in the
area they have canceled the launch for that day.

You really ought to let N.A.S.A. Know when you're coming down, as we
could save Milions! ;-)

Crazy Ed

Old March 29th 08, 01:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Edward Erbeck wrote:

"George Normandin" wrote:

[...]

Decades ago, when I lived in Lincoln, NE B58 Hustlers used to make
practice bombing runs on the local AFB. The base in turn would target
their Nike missile battery and try to "shoot them down" before the
"bomb" was released. Sonic booms were a daily thing for several years.
AF paid for quite a few windows in town but ours never broke. How
they survived I don't know. Some of those were really sharp thuds.
I've watched the picture window bow in a good 2" several times. Always
held. Neighbor across the street replaced his smaller one 4 times. I
was facing their direction of travel so would think I'd get the sharper
blow as his house should have shielded his window but come to think of
it his broke out while our window would bow inward. Maybe it
pressurized his house to blow it out. Obviously I don't understand the
physics involved.

Rick

Old March 29th 08, 02:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Edward Erbeck

"Rick Johnson" wrote:

[...]

Neither do I. But the Air Force paid LOTS of Money for Windows in So.
Cal Also! ;-)

Crazy Ed