astro:ngc2537 color

Old March 8th 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro:ngc2537 color

1x20 minutes (3-1-08)
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc2537color.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	1753
Old March 8th 08, 05:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote

Great image John!

The color shows a big red blob in NGC 2537 - an H-II region?

.....and you also got NGC 2537A and IC 2233. I would bet that they all have
similar red shifts.

George N

Old March 8th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

1x20 minutes (3-1-08)
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM

I was wondering when we'd see the final picture.

That star is a bright one.

With my snow flurry clouds back last night I continued to clean out the
hard drive. Found I'd taken this one but called it IC 2537. Did it
late fall of 2006 and lost it. Now to find time to process it.

Rick

Old March 8th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

John N. Gretchen III wrote:
1x20 minutes (3-1-08)
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM

Rats hit send by mistake. I was going to mention that you also caught
IC 2233. That didn't fit into my shot and is still on my to do list.
Interesting needle galaxy.

Rick

Old March 8th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

George Normandin wrote:

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote

Great image John!

The color shows a big red blob in NGC 2537 - an H-II region?

....and you also got NGC 2537A and IC 2233. I would bet that they all have
similar red shifts.

George N

The Bear Paw and IC 2233 do per, 431 and 540 respectively but 2537A is
way out there at 11985.

The red blob is identified by ALADIN as NGC 2537-C, a HI Shell. Not
HII! HI I'd think would be a radio source not visual.

Rick

Old March 9th 08, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

HI I'd think would be a radio source not visual.

Rick,

I agree. Neutral hydrogen is cold hydrogen and only radiates at 21
centimeters. The reference must have a typo in it.

George N

Old March 9th 08, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

looks like another great candidate for the 18"

nice image John

Old March 13th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

John, I didn't expect such good colour in only one shot.

Stefan