ASTRO: Open Cluster NGC 2425 in Puppis

Old March 2nd 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Open Cluster NGC 2425 in Puppis

Here's a crop from my M-47 image showing NGC 2425 at full rez. This little
cluster is more a target for the RC20 than a little 80mm refractor!

Info on NGC 2425:

NGC 2425

Constellation: Pup

Dreyer description: Cluster, sparse in stars, small, stars very small.

RA: 07h 38m 18.0s

Dec: -14° 52' 00" (Epoch 2000)

Size: 3.0'

Deep Sky Field Guide to U2000:

Number of stars: 30

Magnitude of brightest star: 14.0

Moderately rich in stars; small brightness range; slight central
concentration; detached.

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n2425.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1726
Old March 3rd 08, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Nice one. Star colours look very good, which is an observation I have made
in my own DSLR shots (where star colours are usually much better than in my
astro-CCD shots).

Stefan