ASTRO: M51 RE Reprocessed

Old February 21st 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: M51 RE Reprocessed

I posted the reprocessed image on my wife's computer as the site I used
wouldn't upload images from my computer due apparently to my W2K
operating system. Same browser under XP worked from my wife's computer.
Anyway I thought the color looked slightly off on her monitor but
since hers had never been calibrated to Photoshop I figured it was just
her monitor. After it showed up on my server -- took about a day -- I
saw it on my main monitor and it was too green. I was also getting
other messages about the green. I found the processing monitor, a CRT,
had lost calibration to photoshop. Since I now use a math formula for
color balance based on air mass and the sensitivity of my RGB filters
and CCD combination to the three colors it shouldn't have mattered. But
when Murphy strikes he strikes hard. He also caused me to enter a
number as 1.23 instead of 1.32. That meant I left too much green in the
image. With the loss of green in the monitor it didn't show, the loss
was almost equal to the excess green.

On the posts not showing up I'm hearing that site didn't propagate to
Nebraska and California any better than posting through my ISP's news
server so I'll forget that approach and tell them to find a better news
server!

Same data as before.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails