astro: ngc2403 re-processed

Old January 22nd 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro: ngc2403 re-processed

40x120 seconds
Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM

Tried to get the gradient out and re-processed without the flats, I
think they were part of my problem. Still not happy with it, I'll
re-shoot it some day without the moon.
--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc2403b.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	1637
Old January 22nd 08, 07:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Gordan

Nice, but the previous version looks much better to me (better colors :-)
It seems to me that there may be a problem with the collimation of your SN
scope?
The stars in upper left corner are not quite round?
Nevertheless, it's a great image!
Greetings,
Gordan

m...

Old January 23rd 08, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Thanks! The scope is not collimated well and it is not too easy to
align. I'll get it right next time out I hope.