ASTRO: Horsing around in the backyard

Old January 20th 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Horsing around in the backyard

even though the weather wasn't worth a hoot, I decided to giddyup my gear
and do a bit of horsebacking last night

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hor...er_ha_page.htm

this was a total of 12 x 10 minutes of halpha binned 2x2

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horse_mk1sn2_cm10_geg_baader_ha_12x10min_svga.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1629
Old January 20th 08, 07:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Sharp!

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old January 20th 08, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
even though the weather wasn't worth a hoot, I decided to giddyup my gear
and do a bit of horsebacking last night

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hor...er_ha_page.htm

this was a total of 12 x 10 minutes of halpha binned 2x2

Your seeing looks better than mine on a good night.
Rick

Old January 20th 08, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard, this is a very detailed version of the horsehead with good
contrast. Definately better than anything I have been able to get on this
object.

Stefan

. net...

Old January 21st 08, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

This is a good shot showing the horse from behind as the horse looks to the
left... cool tail!

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
. net...

Old January 23rd 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote

even though the weather wasn't worth a hoot, I decided to giddyup my gear
and do a bit of horsebacking last night

Great shot........ but your horse is going the wrong way!

Here's a single 10 minute exposure with STL-1301E and no filter. I need to

George N

Attached Images
File Type: jpg horse.jpg (57.8 KB, 64 views)
Old January 23rd 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Richard Crisp" wrote

even though the weather wasn't worth a hoot, I decided to giddyup my gear
and do a bit of horsebacking last night

Great shot........ but your horse is going the wrong way!

which way should the horse be going George?

At least it isn't a mirror image: rotation is OK, but mirror image is bad
form from what I was taught...

Here's a single 10 minute exposure with STL-1301E and no filter. I need to

Must be nice to be able to shoot 10 minutes with no filter. I'd have a
saturated frame probably...

George N

Old January 25th 08, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote

Great shot........ but your horse is going the wrong way!

which way should the horse be going George?

Richard,

......depends on whether you're looking at him from the north.........
or the south......

It is funny that with most other objects people show them with north at the
top. However with the Horse Head everyone turns it around so that the horse
is upright. I've done it both ways at times. I guess it says more about
people than about nebulae. We always want to see something in them.

George N

Old January 25th 08, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Richard Crisp" wrote

Great shot........ but your horse is going the wrong way!

which way should the horse be going George?

Richard,

......depends on whether you're looking at him from the north.........
or the south......

It is funny that with most other objects people show them with north at
the top. However with the Horse Head everyone turns it around so that the
horse is upright. I've done it both ways at times. I guess it says more
about people than about nebulae. We always want to see something in them.

think Rorschach patterns....

Old January 25th 08, 05:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Richard Crisp" wrote

Great shot........ but your horse is going the wrong way!

which way should the horse be going George?

Richard,

......depends on whether you're looking at him from the north.........
or the south......

It is funny that with most other objects people show them with north at
the top. However with the Horse Head everyone turns it around so that the
horse is upright. I've done it both ways at times. I guess it says more
about people than about nebulae. We always want to see something in them.

think Rorschach patterns....

Pareidolia is the best term for it. Though I can never remember how to
spell it.

Rick