ASTRO: Holmes 27 Nov - Comet_Holmes_27Nov_2007_DSLR.jpg (1/1)

Old November 28th 07, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Holmes 27 Nov - Comet_Holmes_27Nov_2007_DSLR.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Comet_Holmes_27Nov_2007_DSLR.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	1507
Old November 28th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Very well done and with the moon light to contend with, though DC lights
probably are as bad if not worse than the moon.

I haven't seen it since the 18th. Temps of zero with light snow falling
since then hasn't made for any viewing at all here.

Rick

Old November 29th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Robert Price" wrote

Great image Robert!

A friend reported seeing it thru a 'sucker hole' last night, but mostly
it's been too cloudy for observing here. I looks like it will be too big for
the field of view with your 4" pretty soon.

George N

Old November 29th 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
G[_2_]

I can still see the comet naked eye. Here in SC..

Old November 29th 07, 12:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev[_2_]

Nice pic!
Kev

Old November 30th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"G" wrote ...

I can still see the comet naked eye. Here in SC..

I just had a look at the comet with 7x50 and 20x80 binocs. From my front
yard it was easy to see naked eye. In the 20x80's it was big, dim, and
amazing! It pretty much looked just like Robert P's image, except that the
small nucleus was difficult to see. With temp just above freezing and a
stiff wind (30mph gusts) it was not worth trying to image it.

George N

Old November 30th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:
"G" wrote ...

I can still see the comet naked eye. Here in SC..

I just had a look at the comet with 7x50 and 20x80 binocs. From my front
yard it was easy to see naked eye. In the 20x80's it was big, dim, and
amazing! It pretty much looked just like Robert P's image, except that the
small nucleus was difficult to see. With temp just above freezing and a
stiff wind (30mph gusts) it was not worth trying to image it.

George N

Still haven't seen in since the 18th here. Tonight I have sucker holes
but temp is 7 with wind chill of -30 and snow blowing like crazy. No
way I can roll the roof with that fine snow flying everywhere. I
managed 5 minutes outside in that wind but the holes never hit the right
spot and I was getting covered in blowing snow. This isn't falling snow,
just stuff that fell yesterday and is moving several counties south
tonight. I gave up.

Winter has arrived.

Rick

Old December 3rd 07, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

George Normandin wrote:
"G" wrote ...

[...]

Ouch. They're talking flurries here Tuesday night with a low of about 35.
I'll take that over
a -30 wind chill anytime! Keep your knickers warm!

George

Old December 3rd 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

George Normandin wrote:

"G" wrote ...

[...]

I cleared my drive (just over 1 km long) of a near foot of white stuff
in -25 wind chill per the radio station today. Took two hours. Not bad
if you dress for it.

We usually hit -30 (f) at least once a year and that's BEFORE
wind-chill. Coldest temp on my outside thermometer since I moved here
was -41. But that was before the scope was in the observatory -- or a
roof for that matter.

Rick

Old December 3rd 07, 12:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

George wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

George Normandin wrote:

"G" wrote ...

[...]

No offense, but I'm glad I don't live that far north. I prefer the sun.
lol. MY niece lives in Madison, WI, and actually loves the winters there.
I guess you get used to it.

George

ASTRO: Holmes 27 Nov - Comet_Holmes_27Nov_2007_DSLR.jpg (0/1) Robert Price[_2_] Astro Pictures 0 November 28th 07 04:13 PM
ASTRO: P17/Holmes 11-08-07 UT Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 2 November 15th 07 12:31 AM
ASTRO: Holmes No Name Astro Pictures 1 November 12th 07 01:56 AM
ASTRO: Holmes J McBride Astro Pictures 1 October 28th 07 09:45 AM
ASTRO: Holmes on 10/25/07 23:30 UT George Normandin[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 October 28th 07 09:42 AM