ASTRO: NGC 1999 - ngc 1999-lrgb-f07-0.5x.jpg

Old November 19th 07, 09:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
[email protected]

Default ASTRO: NGC 1999 - ngc 1999-lrgb-f07-0.5x.jpg

NGC 1999 is the reflection nebula at lower center.
V380 Orionis is the illuminating star for the nebula.
G2v calibrated, interesting color pallet.

Penryn, California
November 2007
FS-128 (ag, ST-4)
ST-2000XM, LRGB, 10 minute subs each (13 hours, 50 minute total)

Acquired through the light dome that is Sacramento, California.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc 1999-lrgb-f07-0.5x.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1466
Old November 19th 07, 12:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

wrote:
NGC 1999 is the reflection nebula at lower center.
V380 Orionis is the illuminating star for the nebula.
G2v calibrated, interesting color pallet.

Penryn, California
November 2007
FS-128 (ag, ST-4)
ST-2000XM, LRGB, 10 minute subs each (13 hours, 50 minute total)

Acquired through the light dome that is Sacramento, California.

That came out well even with Sacramento's lights.

No more minimalism for you! I haven't had 13 clear hours total in two
months. Solid wall of clouds it seems has moved in. Gave us heavy snow
yesterday then rained most of the night washing it away. Winter just
can't seem to stick as yet.

I tried this one as an HaHaGB image last year but only used 3 30 minute
HA images and my color was limited to one 5 minute shot in green and
blue which picked up only the reflection nebula. Why I used so little
color data I don't remember. Clouds probably and I never got back to
it. Even 90 minutes of HA was way to little as my shot is very noisy.
That's one I planned on redoing this winter. My noisy shot with little
color and nothing but red in the emission area is at:
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/cgi/c...404650.10.jpeg
It certainly is a minimalist view of this guy.

Rick

Old November 19th 07, 03:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
[email protected]

Looked at your image, you're well on the way.

I normally won't spend that much time on an image but when I stretched
the preliminary images on 1999, I became intrigued with the colors so
ended each evenings imaging run by adding data to the object.

My exposures are too long, sky background is too high. On the last
night of imaging, fog developed over Sacramento and the increase in
S/N of the final images was significant.

Maybe next dark period.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:01:23 -0600, Rick Johnson

Old November 20th 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

here are a few from that general area:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...03_ha_page.htm

and in tricolor eline:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._6303_page.htm

these colors aren't that pleasing in my opinion.

the nearby HH34/HH222 is OK in the oddball palette though:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/her...ro_34_page.htm

or in Halpha only

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hh2..._csha_page.htm

Old November 20th 07, 02:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
[email protected]

I have the HH objects on my list. Will give them a quick look to see
if they are worth pursuing.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:52:17 GMT, "Richard Crisp"
wrote:

here are a few from that general area:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...03_ha_page.htm

and in tricolor eline:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._6303_page.htm

these colors aren't that pleasing in my opinion.

the nearby HH34/HH222 is OK in the oddball palette though:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/her...ro_34_page.htm

or in Halpha only

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hh2..._csha_page.htm

.. .

Old November 20th 07, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great deep image Glen. I imaged this one some years back, but only got the
brightest part,

Stefan

Old November 21st 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

wrote
I have the HH objects on my list. Will give them a quick look to see
if they are worth pursuing.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:52:17 GMT, "Richard Crisp" wrote:

the nearby HH34/HH222 is OK in the oddball palette though:

Both show in your image. Pretty cool stuff!

George N

Old November 24th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
[email protected]

I downloaded Richard's Ha image( hopefully ok with Richard) and used
Registar to align the two images. The HH object are just off the
edge.

wrote