ASTRO: Even more Holmes, ED80, SXV-H9

Old November 4th 07, 05:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Even more Holmes, ED80, SXV-H9

Here's some more Comet Holmes images taken with my Skywatcher ED80 and
Starlight Xpress SXV-H9.
Thin hazy clouds on November 3rd so I wasn't expecting too much to show. I
tried some LRGB exposures. The first set were using a stack of 20x20 second
luminance frames and RGB frames of 15x30 seconds each filter. I tried to see
if I could record anything of a tail with a a second set of longer
exposures. This time the luminance frames were 8x300 seconds and the RGB
frames were the same as before. I think the thin cloud washed out and tail
details.

Regards
David Cash

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holmes_RGB_SE.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1428  Click image for larger version

Name:	Holmes_RGB_LE.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1429
Old November 6th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"David Cash" wrote
Here's some more Comet Holmes images taken with my Skywatcher ED80 and
Starlight Xpress SXV-H9.......

More great stuff David! These images show the fuzzy edge where the gas tail
is starting to appear.

If the weather report is right the only thing I'll be observing over the
next week is comet flakes...... er..... I mean snow flakes......

George N

Old November 6th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Bad luck George. All I can see at the moment are clouds :-(
However there is a chance of some clear skies by weekend - hopefully!

By the way I have a couple more images of Holmes taken on November 5th that
I will post once I've processed them.

Regards
Dave

"David Cash" wrote