ASTRO: Ghost of Mirach

Old October 16th 07, 09:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Ghost of Mirach

This was taken about a month ago. I took only 2 subs of 3 minutes because I
got a really bad reflection and got disenchanted. C-11 @ f/6 with a Canon
XTi @ 800asa. I tried to remove the reflection with the clone tool but it
is far from right. Can anyone give any tips on how to get rid of unwanted
data like reflections.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc-404a-1024.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1312
Old October 16th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:
This was taken about a month ago. I took only 2 subs of 3 minutes because I
got a really bad reflection and got disenchanted. C-11 @ f/6 with a Canon
XTi @ 800asa. I tried to remove the reflection with the clone tool but it
is far from right. Can anyone give any tips on how to get rid of unwanted
data like reflections.

Joe

That's not an easy object!

I tried that guy last fall. Visually I never thought it that hard an
object once you moved Beta out of the field but even then it came across
my chip so bright I never even saved the images. I suppose I could try
again now that I can process gradients better. With Beta in the field I
got a lot of huge donuts all over the place.

Rick