ASTRO: ARP 113 From Colorado Springs

Old October 11th 07, 05:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: ARP 113 From Colorado Springs

This is NGC 71 and many other galaxies shown inverted. Seeing had degraded
a bit by the time I got to this image but the clear dark sky allowed the
system to record many faint galaxies.

2 hrs worth.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arp113_gs_66.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1298
Old October 11th 07, 07:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Doug W. wrote:

This is NGC 71 and many other galaxies shown inverted. Seeing had degraded
a bit by the time I got to this image but the clear dark sky allowed the
system to record many faint galaxies.

2 hrs worth.

Looks like that group has a few spirals in it and isn't all ellipticals.
Yet another for the always growing list -- if the October clouds ever
lift that is.
Rick

Old October 11th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..
This is NGC 71 and many other galaxies shown inverted. Seeing had
degraded a bit by the time I got to this image but the clear dark sky
allowed the system to record many faint galaxies.

2 hrs worth.

--

i am eager to try imaging galaxies again Doug and others. This is very
encouraging to me. Now with the Mariposa property etc, it is time to set up

Old October 13th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

I had tried this group once before but did not have much data... This time
there was enough exposure to get the background stuff to show. The image
quality was not good enough to publish on my site but the inverted version
is not too bad.

Thanks!

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old October 13th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

i am eager to try imaging galaxies again Doug and others. This is very
encouraging to me. Now with the Mariposa property etc, it is time to set
up a remote system and get on with it. At the rate things are going now I
should have that done in the next three to five years

I was wondering if you would operate a remote obs. or just go out there.
Either way, I hope we get to see what your big scope can record from there
soon... at least before 3-5 yrs..

Thanks!

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old October 13th 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..
i am eager to try imaging galaxies again Doug and others. This is very
encouraging to me. Now with the Mariposa property etc, it is time to set
up a remote system and get on with it. At the rate things are going now I
should have that done in the next three to five years

I was wondering if you would operate a remote obs. or just go out there.
Either way, I hope we get to see what your big scope can record from there
soon... at least before 3-5 yrs..

perhaps I am being a bit overly pessimistic :-)

but moving for me will be a huge pain due to the distance involved, the
amount of stuff and the small size of the new place

but like you I really want to see what the 18" will do from a decent site...

i can get pretty decent seeing from time to time here but it never really
gets dark normally

the last time it was truly dark here was after the 1989 earthquake. I can
live with light if that's the alternative !!!

Old October 16th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great image of this interesting group. One of the galaxies has unusually
long spiral arms, they look as if they have been drawn out by another
galaxy.

Stefan

. ..