ASTRO: NGC 7380 and SH2-142

Old October 10th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 7380 and SH2-142

NGC 7380 is an open cluster, only part of which is in the image with the
rest off the right side. My viewing logs of it and those of other club
members I checked show no mention of the emission nebula SH2-142 which
dominates my image. I have to go back and have another look. I last
saw this guy visually when doing my Herschel 400 in the 80's. That only
mentions the cluster and my Tiron only shows the cluster so I wasn't
looking for it at the time. How do you miss something this obvious?

This is another from my lousy flat days. I'm starting to understand how
to fix them.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=3x30' h alpha RGB=3x10', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME
reproduced at 67% size to hide some flat problems I couldn't fix.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC7380-SH2-142HA3X30RGB3X10_67.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	1295
Old October 12th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Nice detail in that one Rick...

--
Regards, Doug W.