ASTRO: Redone Pelican

Old October 7th 07, 06:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Redone Pelican

Last January I finally got around to processing a shot of the Pelican
Nebula's neck region. When I did it I was surprised to find virtually
no blue or green, just red. What with all my bad flats this summer from
that loose screw I found most waiting processing not worth processing so
went back to look at old stuff to see if I could improve it.

Turns out somehow I'd only pasted in the red frame after enhancement and
the green and blue ones before. There was virtually no signal from
those colors at all. I've redone it correctly. This also allowed me to
go a bit deeper than before.

There is a B5 star out of frame to the left, it cast a red arc through
the original image. I really should have caught on when I saw that but
didn't. Now the arc is much brighter and blue as it should be.

The JPEG size also increased what with data in the other two color channels.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=6x5' binned 2x2, R=2x5'(clouds ruined one) GB=3x5'
RGB frames binned 3x3, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PELICAN_LUM-RGB3X5_67.jpg