ASTRO: Mars 10-04-07

Old October 5th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Default ASTRO: Mars 10-04-07

Average seeing at best. I'm finally starting to get some better results on
a consistent basis. Now if I can just get some better seeing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-04-07@0920.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1278
Old October 5th 07, 05:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J.Warren wrote:
Average seeing at best. I'm finally starting to get some better results on
a consistent basis. Now if I can just get some better seeing.

For me, that would be excellent seeing!

What do you use K3CCDTools for an what is Registax used for. See you
credit both. I imagine the final touchup is by Photoshop.

Rick

Old October 5th 07, 08:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev Lawrence

Nice images
Kev

Old October 5th 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Thanks Rick and Kevin. Kevin, most people only use Registax to process an
avi and then another program, like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro for final
touchups. I use K3ccd to sort/stack the frames of an avi and then save the
result as a 32bit FIT file. That gives me 3 files, a R, G and B. I then
use Registax to stack those 3 files and process the result like you would
any other. I like that method because it is so much quicker than using
Registax alone. From set up to finished product I can have an image done in
30 minutes. With Registax alone, it would take hours. I've tried it both
ways and prefer the K3ccd/Registax combo. Thanks again..
Joel