ASTRO: Crab Nebula (updated image)

Old September 23rd 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Crab Nebula (updated image)

I shot this just after the Moon set this morning. Seeing was pretty good as
Sirius was not twinkling too bad as it rose. Taken through a C-11 @ f/6
with a 400D @ 800asa. (4 x 5min)

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1-blend-1-a.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1250

Old September 24th 07, 01:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

I shot this just after the Moon set this morning. Seeing was pretty good as
Sirius was not twinkling too bad as it rose. Taken through a C-11 @ f/6
with a 400D @ 800asa. (4 x 5min)

Joe

That is better than the first one. Here seeing started lousy and got
worse as the night wore on. Don't think I got anything useful, just a
lot of lost sleep. Very hazy with high winds tonight. Power keeps
going on and off so not a night to image.

Is that the full size image? Looks like it could stand up to larger
scale. What size pixels does that camera have?

Rick

Old September 24th 07, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Nice color with the detail... also a good example of off axis aberation and
how the center is free of it.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old September 24th 07, 08:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Good detail in the nebula Joe.
Nice shot.

Dirk