ASTRO: NGC7006 From Colorado Springs

Old September 23rd 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: NGC7006 From Colorado Springs

Had a fun night 21/22 Sep. Fair conditions all night so I got no sleep.
This is the first image of the night... moon still up. The globular is
small on the sky even in my tiny FOV.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/cluster/ngc7006.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc7006_gs_66.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1243
Old September 23rd 07, 05:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Doug W. wrote:

Had a fun night 21/22 Sep. Fair conditions all night so I got no sleep.
This is the first image of the night... moon still up. The globular is
small on the sky even in my tiny FOV.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/cluster/ngc7006.htm

Lots of faint fuzzies in the background as well.

At about 135,000 light years that is one far out globular. I doubt I
have the seeing for this guy. But what with the full moon coming it
could find itself on the target list.

You did very well with this distant guy!

Like you I didn't get to bed until nearly 5 a.m. But spent the day
working on firewood for next winter (this winter's all cut and split).
It was supposed to be cloudy tonight but I am getting some more data on
one I worked on last night. H-alpha takes a while to get much signal.

What with all the clouds of late I hit a wrong button and lost some time
last night when the scope wouldn't point right. I couldn't find a thing
and it was way off target. My brain finally realized I'd somehow turned
of DST on the computer so it was aiming an hour off! Makes you feel
really dumb. My only finder is a Telrad. I rarely use it. Last time
was in the spring. Guess who never turned it off. So I had to hunt
down some new batteries. None so stole them out of the TV remote. Then
I saw where I was aimed and realized my hour error. Then about midnight
(moonset) I got to work.

Rick

Old September 23rd 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Thit is a great image. There are a lot of galaxies in this area...but yet
so close to the Milky Way.

Joe

Old September 26th 07, 07:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very good image of this tiny globular. I imaged it some years ago, but at a
much smaller scale.

Stefan

Old September 29th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Thanks everyone... hope to have anothe glob soon

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com