ASTRO: Orion Nebula

Old September 15th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Orion Nebula

I got up early and wanted to get this before the winter doldrums set in.
This is about 11 minutes taken @ 800asa & 400asa with the XTi through my
C-11 @ f/6. I shot the longer exposures @ 800asa and the shorter exposures
of the center region @ 400asa. We will get clouds constantly from late
October to February.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m42-a.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1218
Old September 15th 07, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

I got up early and wanted to get this before the winter doldrums set in.
This is about 11 minutes taken @ 800asa & 400asa with the XTi through my
C-11 @ f/6. I shot the longer exposures @ 800asa and the shorter exposures
of the center region @ 400asa. We will get clouds constantly from late
October to February.

Joe

That came out well. Even see the "chimp face" coming through on the
right side.

I get nasty clouds in late September through October but they usually
clear by November then it is either heavy overcast or perfectly clear
and cold -- about a 50-50 ratio the rest of winter.

Rick

Old September 15th 07, 06:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

congratulations on a fine image of M42, Joe

that looks nice to me

Old September 15th 07, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Thanks Guys. I know its early but I wanted to get mine in before the M42
floods. This is about the best shot I have ever done because it is hardly
ever clear in the winter. Here is another processing but this time I
reduced the brighter shots and increased the dimmer ones when blending
everything together then punched it up once it was all together.

Joe

"J McBride" wrote in message
I got up early and wanted to get this before the winter doldrums set in.
This is about 11 minutes taken @ 800asa & 400asa with the XTi through my
C-11 @ f/6. I shot the longer exposures @ 800asa and the shorter exposures
of the center region @ 400asa. We will get clouds constantly from late
October to February.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m42-b.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1219
Old September 15th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Now the Trapezium is coming through. Lots more detail in the core
region as well. Looks good for so little exposure time. If the total
was only 11 minutes the sub frames were pretty short to have picked up
that much nebula and with little noise too.

You're going to enjoy that new camera.

Rick

Old September 16th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Thanks Rick, I am having fun!!! Here is one from this morning @ f/10 with
about 2 minutes of data with more core detail.

Joe

"J McBride" wrote in message
I got up early and wanted to get this before the winter doldrums set in.
This is about 11 minutes taken @ 800asa & 400asa with the XTi through my
C-11 @ f/6. I shot the longer exposures @ 800asa and the shorter exposures
of the center region @ 400asa. We will get clouds constantly from late
October to February.