ASTRO: Dumbbell Nebula (M27)

Old August 13th 07, 02:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Dumbbell Nebula (M27)

I had my 400D modified by Hap and so I have been cameraless for the past
couple of weeks. Well I got it back on Sat and so here is my first try at
imaging with the modified Canon. 4x120sec @ 800asa with a C-11 @ f/6. I
used the film alignment program Picture Window to put the images together
and adjusted very little in PS other than resized the whole image to fit in
the screen.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m27-a.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1101

Old August 13th 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Joe, that looks good, much better than an unmodified camera could do. In M27
(and M57) the detail is in the red channel (blue and green are quite
boring), so the modified camera not only goes deeper, but also shows a lot
more detail.

Stefan

Old August 13th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

I had my 400D modified by Hap and so I have been cameraless for the past
couple of weeks. Well I got it back on Sat and so here is my first try at
imaging with the modified Canon. 4x120sec @ 800asa with a C-11 @ f/6. I
used the film alignment program Picture Window to put the images together
and adjusted very little in PS other than resized the whole image to fit in
the screen.

Joe

Clear skies after the mod. The cloud hex wasn't paying attention!
At least you mainly missed full moon and if your weather was like mine,
lots of clouds.

Big improvement so worth the time off. Two weeks is pretty good turn
around speed.

Rick