ASTRO: NGC 5033, a Spiral Galaxy in Virgo

Old June 3rd 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 5033, a Spiral Galaxy in Virgo

With only 30 minutes of total exposure time this is not quite as good as Rob
Gendler's recent 30 *hour* exposure image!!

Image taken with an SBIG STL-1301E camera thru an OGS 20-inch RC Cass
working at F/5.3 (using my home-made focal reducer). The field of view is
about 19.5x25 arc minutes with North at the top.

For more info on NGC 5033, see:
http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n5033.htm

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n5033.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	923
Old June 4th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

With only 30 minutes of total exposure time this is not quite as good as Rob
Gendler's recent 30 *hour* exposure image!!

Image taken with an SBIG STL-1301E camera thru an OGS 20-inch RC Cass
working at F/5.3 (using my home-made focal reducer). The field of view is
about 19.5x25 arc minutes with North at the top.

For more info on NGC 5033, see:
http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n5033.htm

George N

You just missed a really weird galaxy east (left) out of frame. Its
very odd. I'll have it in my shot when I finally finish playing with it.

Rick

Old June 6th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Hi George.. I have always liked the color versions of this galaxy as the
bright center has that fried egg look. I think one could almost dip a piece
of toast in this shot.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com