ASTRO: powered bino observing chair

Old May 28th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: powered bino observing chair

I've seen various powered observing chairs before and always liked the idea
of "floating in space". However they seemed too complicated to make. This
one seems to be more of something I would want to make.Note that it's
powered by an elecric drill!!

Other than this, Cherry Springs Star Party had a good number of typical
commercial scopes, including many SCTs. A guy with a new C-14 was set up not
too far from me. There was also your usual "valley of the Dobs", including a
32-inch, a 30-inch, and at least two 20s (one being mine). Between the
scopes, CCD stuff, and all the RVs, there were lots of $$ spread around the
field! Of course the most important thing, the very dark sky, was free.

That's it for CSSP scopes. I may have some "constellation shots" worth
posting when I get to the data.

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version