ASTRO: The Sun (Yesterday 19/05)

Old May 20th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev

Default ASTRO: The Sun (Yesterday 19/05)

Hiya All

PSA

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-05-19 101135 solarha.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	870  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-05-19 101012 solar.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	871  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-05-19 101126 solarhaprom.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	872
Old May 22nd 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Kev" wrote
Hiya All

Kev,

Nice!! Interesting details for a 'quite sun'!

About 25 or so hours later I saw a bright flair in that central sun-spot
group with my 'rusty lens' PST. It lasted about an hour or so.

George N

Old May 22nd 07, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Kev" wrote
Hiya All

Kev,

Nice!! Interesting details for a 'quite sun'!

About 25 or so hours later I saw a bright flair in that central sun-spot
group with my 'rusty lens' PST. It lasted about an hour or so.

ta

Im not surprised you saw a flare, the pattern of filaments in that area was
quite startling

Kev

Old May 22nd 07, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev

"Kev" wrote in message

"George Normandin" wrote in message

"Kev" wrote
Hiya All

Kev,

Nice!! Interesting details for a 'quite sun'!

About 25 or so hours later I saw a bright flair in that central
sun-spot group with my 'rusty lens' PST. It lasted about an hour or so.

ta

Im not surprised you saw a flare, the pattern of filaments in that area
was quite startling

Hey George, spaceweather.com is commenting on how much quieter that spot is
now!

Did you get any pics?

Kev

Old May 23rd 07, 02:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Im not surprised you saw a flare, the pattern of filaments in that area
was quite startling

Hey George, spaceweather.com is commenting on how much quieter that spot
is now!

Did you get any pics?

Kev,

No I did not get any images of the flair. I decided not to bring my
laptop to the Cherry Springs Star Party at the last minute. There was just
too much stuff in the van.

A few other folks commented to me about seeing it. However it happened
early morning after a great clear night, so most people at the star party
were still sleeping.

George N

Old May 25th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

Very cool shots Kev. Clear Skyz, LA

"Kev" wrote in message
news