Metal deposit discovered: 30 million solar masses of chromium, 8million solar masses of manganese

Old December 10th 09, 10:19 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Metal deposit discovered: 30 million solar masses of chromium, 8million solar masses of manganese

Universe's largest metal deposit ever! Available in the intergalactic
space within the Perseus galaxy cluster. It took 3 billion supernovas to
create all that!

Yousuf Khan

Suzaku X-ray observatory spies treasure trove of intergalactic metal
"The Suzaku study data show it took some 3 billion supernovas to produce
the measured amounts of chromium and manganese. And over periods up to
billions of years, superwinds carried the metals out of the cluster
galaxies and deposited them in intergalactic space."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1202172211.htm
Old December 10th 09, 01:43 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
BradGuth

On Dec 10, 1:19*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Universe's largest metal deposit ever! Available in the intergalactic
space within the Perseus galaxy cluster. It took 3 billion supernovas to
create all that!

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Suzaku X-ray observatory spies treasure trove of intergalactic metal
"The Suzaku study data show it took some 3 billion supernovas to produce
the measured amounts of chromium and manganese. And over periods up to
billions of years, superwinds carried the metals out of the cluster
galaxies and deposited them in intergalactic space."http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091202172211.htm

Is that where the unusual metal deposits on and within our moon came
from?

~ BG
Old December 10th 09, 03:08 PM posted to sci.astro
BradGuth

On Dec 10, 5:08*am, Dan Birchall
wrote:
(Yousuf Khan) wrote:
*Universe's largest metal deposit ever! Available in the intergalactic
*space within the Perseus galaxy cluster. It took 3 billion supernovas to
*create all that!

Oooh space metal.

/listens to "Astronomica" by Crimson Glory, and headbangs

--
djb@ | Dan Birchall, Night Operation Assistant, Subaru Telescope/NAOJ.
naoj | Views I express are my own, obviously not those of my employer.

Like our moon(Selene) has to offer, and possibly even from the planet
Venus.

~ BG
Old December 10th 09, 04:54 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Uncle Al

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Universe's largest metal deposit ever! Available in the intergalactic
space within the Perseus galaxy cluster. It took 3 billion supernovas to
create all that!

Why do we already suspect a powerful note of bull**** in the article
to follow?

Suzaku X-ray observatory spies treasure trove of intergalactic metal
"The Suzaku study data show it took some 3 billion supernovas to produce
the measured amounts of chromium and manganese. And over periods up to
billions of years, superwinds carried the metals out of the cluster
galaxies and deposited them in intergalactic space."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1202172211.htm

3 billion stars substantially more massive than the sun were all
clustered together and popped about the same time. That must have
been some galaxy... or is it baseline noise?

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old December 10th 09, 06:45 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Uncle Al wrote:
Suzaku X-ray observatory spies treasure trove of intergalactic metal
"The Suzaku study data show it took some 3 billion supernovas to produce
the measured amounts of chromium and manganese. And over periods up to
billions of years, superwinds carried the metals out of the cluster
galaxies and deposited them in intergalactic space."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1202172211.htm

3 billion stars substantially more massive than the sun were all
clustered together and popped about the same time. That must have
been some galaxy... or is it baseline noise?

3 billion stars spread over thousands of galaxies, not just one galaxy;
it's a galaxy cluster we're talking about here. Quite likely most of
those stars popped in the early days of the Universe, otherwise known as
Population 3 stars.

Yousuf Khan