Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) Plans / Diagrams

Old December 10th 04, 09:15 AM
OM

On 9 Dec 2004 21:17:43 -0800, wrote:

Thanks for the diagrams. I think they will be helpful. In particular, the first
looks like I can pull some dimensions off of it and hopefully build a frame that
is reasonably correct.

....All I want to know is where you're going to hang the fuzzy dice.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 11th 04, 10:40 AM
Dale

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:15:44 -0600, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote:

On 9 Dec 2004 21:17:43 -0800, wrote:

Thanks for the diagrams. I think they will be helpful. In particular, the first
looks like I can pull some dimensions off of it and hopefully build a frame that
is reasonably correct.

...All I want to know is where you're going to hang the fuzzy dice.

....from the low-gain antenna, natch

Dale
Old December 11th 04, 12:31 PM
Dale

Scott,
Even if you don't get any dimensioned drawings from any archives, you could always
take a laser "tape measure" with you to the Museum of Flight and get dimensions. I
don't think it would do any damage, and the place isn't crawling with docents or
security. And as it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, I'd just go
for it, if it were me...

If you make it up to Seattle, there's a period Gemini mock-up at the Pacific
Science Center, near the base of the Space Needle. It used to be one of the
central attractions, with a line of kids waiting to climb up and sit in it. I got
my minute or two of seat time back in about 1967. But now it's in a less-visited
corner, with the access steps still in place. Bring some corned beef sandwiches
and waste disposal bags, and you could probably sit in it unnoticed until you
break a Gemini endurance record

Dale
Old December 11th 04, 03:17 PM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

...All I want to know is where you're going to hang the fuzzy dice.

...from the low-gain antenna, natch

Are you sure it could take the load? It has an important roll to play,
you know... :-)

Pat

NASA PDF Mercury, Gemini, Apollo reports free online Rusty Barton History 81 October 3rd 04 05:33 PM
Apollo Mission designators Scott J History 105 September 24th 04 12:02 PM
The apollo faq the inquirer Astronomy Misc 11 April 22nd 04 06:23 AM
The apollo faq the inquirer Misc 4 April 15th 04 04:45 AM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat Astronomy Misc 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM