Neuffer Rings

Old August 22nd 15, 12:43 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

Default Neuffer Rings

I know this is a very old thread but wondering if any of you are still around. Bruce Neuffer was my father in law. I have the original paper that he wrote on the Single Stage to Orbit vehicle. I had never heard of it until after his death.

======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:
Approved for now, if you can help this person, please do. GdM

Old April 5th 17, 07:28 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 7:43:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I know this is a very old thread but wondering if any of you are still around. Bruce Neuffer was my father in law. I have the original paper that he wrote on the Single Stage to Orbit vehicle. I had never heard of it until after his death.

======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:
Approved for now, if you can help this person, please do. GdM

Hi! I'm the originator of this thread.

Wish I'd checked back regularly! Shortly after I posted this, another posted plea resulted in a colleague of your father-in-law sending me a copy of the original paper. But it would still be nice to talk to someone else who knew him.

John Koch

Old May 3rd 17, 12:44 AM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 11:28:32 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 7:43:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I know this is a very old thread but wondering if any of you are still

around. Bruce Neuffer was my father in law. I have the original paper that
he wrote on the Single Stage to Orbit vehicle. I had never heard of it unti
l after his death.

Wish I'd checked back regularly! Shortly after I posted this, another pos

ted plea resulted in a colleague of your father-in-law sending me a copy of
the original paper. But it would still be nice to talk to someone else who
knew him.

John Koch

Bruce H. Neuffer (1923-1982) developed the SSTO space station concept while
at General Electric. He is buried at Beulah Baptist Church Cemetery, Boaz,
Marshall County, Alabama https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...gr&GRid(698852. I think that his concept will prove to be far more impo
rtant to the future of humanity than just about any other, and I was proud
to publicize his design in my novel.

The Pulpless.com edition of Kings of the High Frontier is long gone, but it
was the first electronic-format novel to win a major literary award (Prome
theus). A hardback, limited edition came out in 1998. Copies can occasional
ly be found on eBay.

The Neuffer Ring is prominently displayed on the cover of the forthcoming e
pub version of KOTHF. The illo is by renowned space researcher/historian/en
thusiast Tom Brosz (who first turned me on to Neuffer). The book is not bei
ng updated, but should now be considered a #rocketpunk #alternatehistory #s
pace #scifi thriller. :-)

Here is the cover for the new edition: https://twitter.com/KoPubCo_Info/sta
tus/854004338988949504

Old May 4th 17, 01:49 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

Here's the correct link: https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...&GRid=28698852

Old June 1st 17, 03:17 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 7:44:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

And yet there is still no Wikipedia article on the Neuffer Ring. Maybe I should start one.

The Pulpless.com edition is not too far gone, I still have mine (and a print version too!)

Great book! Thanks Victor!

Old August 23rd 17, 02:17 AM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 7:17:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Marshall County, Alabama https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?pag

egr&GRid(698852. I think that his concept will prove to be far more impo
[...]

Thank you! I've been working on the ePub version for months. Hope to get it
done soon. I had to change the X-15A2 upgrade scenes (Larry Poubelle's Dae
dalus Project) because now I could access a rocket-equation tool on the int
erwebs and realized it did not have enough oomph to go orbital, so... Eugen
Sänger skip-glide circumnavigation of Earth!

And, yes, I have all the old HTML Pulpless.com files of the book. But since
I tweaked even that for the Final Frontier edition, I had to take the Word
edition and convert it to XHTML. Luckily, I've worked with CSS and XHTML f
or years in my former Real Job. --Victor

Saturn's Rings G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 0 March 8th 09 03:20 PM
The Rings Around Uranus Double-A Misc 85 July 8th 05 06:43 AM
Age of the rings Jonathan Silverlight UK Astronomy 2 July 3rd 04 08:12 AM
Rings of Saturn Stefan Ahlgren Amateur Astronomy 0 December 29th 03 09:19 PM
The thing about web rings |-|erc Misc 1 November 16th 03 05:49 PM