A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 27th 08, 01:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html
Ads
  #2  
Old July 27th 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,544
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:
For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
  #3  
Old July 27th 08, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,144
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

"BradGuth" wrote in message...
...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.

This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


  #4  
Old July 27th 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,544
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

On Jul 27, 1:24 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...

...

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:


For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.


http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?


Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?


- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.

This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


As I'd said, perhaps they should also be informed that Earth isn't
flat, because that too could make a difference.

Good grief. Isn't polarized optics part of preschool astronomy
duh-101?

Are you saying that the best of our astronomers are mentally slow, and
that others simply don't have a clue?

No wonder their deductive observationology skills are still in the
nearest space toilet.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
  #5  
Old July 28th 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,144
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

"BradGuth" wrote in message...
...
On Jul 27, 1:24 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...
...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:


For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.


http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?


Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?


- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.

This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


As I'd said, perhaps they should also be informed that Earth isn't
flat, because that too could make a difference.

Good grief. Isn't polarized optics part of preschool astronomy
duh-101?

Are you saying that the best of our astronomers are mentally slow, and
that others simply don't have a clue?

No wonder their deductive observationology skills are still in the
nearest space toilet.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


I think you might be being a little too harsh, Brad. It's
like saying that anytime someone discovers something,
they should be chastised for not already knowing it.

People discover things all the time today that they did
not know yesterday. This just makes them smarter
today than they were yesterday. It does not mean they
are stupid or mentally slow.

Discoveries that bring us closer to a clearer picture of
reality ought to be celebrated and rewarded.

The punishment should fit the crime,
The reward should fit the climb!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


  #6  
Old July 28th 08, 12:45 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,291
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

Polarizers have been used in astronomy for some time now, BradBoi!
lmfjao! A yahoo search gives over 120,000 hits and most are good ones
on the first 31 pages of results.

Some professional instruments are actually large polarized SUNGLASSES.
lmao! I'm using a term here that I THINK you can understand. Don't
want you to microwave your brain (whatever is left of it!) with your
style of deductive logic.

Are sunglasses considered custom-filtered optics? lmfjao!

I'll leave it up to you to look these up. Can you manage that on your
own?

As for WMD: You never replied (as usual) to my comment about the U.S.
removing 550 METRIC TONS of yellowcake from Iraq. Also don't forget
Saddam's use of poison gas against his own people!

I think the Muslims know that the Earth isn't flat. Well, some of
them at least!

I wonder what the U.S. did with all that yellowcake...

Saul Levy


On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:50:51 -0700 (PDT), BradGuth
wrote:

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:
For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

  #7  
Old July 28th 08, 01:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,544
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

On Jul 27, 4:39 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...

...



On Jul 27, 1:24 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...
...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:


For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.


http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html


You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?


Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?


- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.


This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.


happy days and...
starry starry nights!


--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth


P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!


P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


As I'd said, perhaps they should also be informed that Earth isn't
flat, because that too could make a difference.


Good grief. Isn't polarized optics part of preschool astronomy
duh-101?


Are you saying that the best of our astronomers are mentally slow, and
that others simply don't have a clue?


No wonder their deductive observationology skills are still in the
nearest space toilet.


- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth


I think you might be being a little too harsh, Brad. It's
like saying that anytime someone discovers something,
they should be chastised for not already knowing it.

People discover things all the time today that they did
not know yesterday. This just makes them smarter
today than they were yesterday. It does not mean they
are stupid or mentally slow.

Discoveries that bring us closer to a clearer picture of
reality ought to be celebrated and rewarded.

The punishment should fit the crime,
The reward should fit the climb!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net


But every astronomer within Usenet/newsgroup claims to have always
known all there is to know about such optics, and of whatever can or
can not be accomplished. So, why the hell are they better than a half
century out of date?

Years ago I'd asked of using polarized optics, in part on behalf of
KECK being soft-modified so as resolve 1 m/pixel of our Selene/moon.
The polarized application was also along with a green or blue laser
cannon illumination process of our otherwise soft earthshine
illuminated moon.

As of roughly 8 years ago, it seems that I'd also mentioned the NASA/
Apollo usage of polarized optics, of which by rights should have made
our physically dark as coal moon look even darker (of greater contrast
and much less glare factor) to the Kodak eye.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
  #8  
Old July 28th 08, 11:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,291
Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

If YOU say so, BradBoi! lmfjao!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saul Levy


On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:15:59 -0700 (PDT), BradGuth
wrote:

But every astronomer within Usenet/newsgroup claims to have always
known all there is to know about such optics, and of whatever can or
can not be accomplished. So, why the hell are they better than a half
century out of date?

Years ago I'd asked of using polarized optics, in part on behalf of
KECK being soft-modified so as resolve 1 m/pixel of our Selene/moon.
The polarized application was also along with a green or blue laser
cannon illumination process of our otherwise soft earthshine
illuminated moon.

As of roughly 8 years ago, it seems that I'd also mentioned the NASA/
Apollo usage of polarized optics, of which by rights should have made
our physically dark as coal moon look even darker (of greater contrast
and much less glare factor) to the Kodak eye.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 July 27th 08 01:38 PM
Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 July 27th 08 01:37 PM
Black hole boldly goes where no black hole has gone before (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 January 4th 07 08:49 PM
Black hole boldly goes where no black hole has gone before (Forwarded) Andrew Yee News 0 January 4th 07 08:49 PM
Will a big black hole eat a small black hole? Ted Ratmark UK Astronomy 1 September 16th 05 08:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.