Phoenix hanging on chute before landing taken by HiRise from orbit

Old May 26th 08, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

Default Phoenix hanging on chute before landing taken by HiRise from orbit

WOW http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
.........Doc
Old May 26th 08, 10:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
kT

wrote:

WOW
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc

That is impressive.

Mars is no longer as mysterious as it once was.
Old May 26th 08, 10:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

wrote in news:c824c0b9-7bd3-482d-bcb8-
:

WOW
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc

Wow! indeed.

One in a million shot, but considering we've got something like
three orbiters it's getting harder for the Martians to hide...

--Damon
Old May 26th 08, 10:14 PM posted to sci.space.history
kT

Damon Hill wrote:
wrote in news:c824c0b9-7bd3-482d-bcb8-
:

WOW
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc

Wow! indeed.

One in a million shot, but considering we've got something like
three orbiters it's getting harder for the Martians to hide...

We should have four. MGS was a screwup. I'm glad it wasn't me.
Old May 26th 08, 10:34 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

wrote in message
WOW http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc

That is phemoni... fenom... famonim... amazing!

Old May 26th 08, 10:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

On May 26, 5:34*pm, "Alan Erskine" wrote:
wrote in message
... WOW *http://
www.nasa.gov/images/content/230202main_9227-PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc That is phemoni... fenom... famonim... amazing!

Old May 26th 08, 10:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected][_1_]

wrote in message

WOW *http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...PHX_Lander.jpg
........Doc

That is phemoni... fenom... famonim... amazing!

I bleieve that this alternate view of same shot actually shows lander
chute in a still supersonic reefed condition (it appears somewhat
funnel shaped)..........Doc http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ph...HX_Lander.html
Old May 27th 08, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.history
Ralph[_1_]

This is so neat. I'm very impressed!!

Old May 27th 08, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:
Wow! indeed.

One in a million shot, but considering we've got something like
three orbiters it's getting harder for the Martians to hide...

Was Phoenix supposed to take any photos during its descent? The MERs did
IIRC.

Pat
Old May 27th 08, 05:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
David M. Palmer

In article
tatelephone, Pat
Flannery wrote:

Damon Hill wrote:
Wow! indeed.

One in a million shot, but considering we've got something like
three orbiters it's getting harder for the Martians to hide...

Was Phoenix supposed to take any photos during its descent? The MERs did
IIRC.

There was trouble with the descent camera, so it was not activated.
http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/science_mardi.php

--
David M. Palmer (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)