Phoenix discussions

Old May 26th 08, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default Phoenix discussions

We need somewhere appropriate to for all this! Has anyone spoken to Henry
Spencer yet? We can't keep posting to ss.shuttle, ss.policy and
ss.history - it's too disjointed for one and completely off-topic as well.

What about setting up an alt. group (or series of groups)? Can additional
groups be added to the sci.space hierachy?

Old May 26th 08, 06:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
kT

On May 26, 12:15 pm, "Alan Erskine" wrote:
We need somewhere appropriate to for all this! Has anyone spoken to Henry
Spencer yet? We can't keep posting to ss.shuttle, ss.policy and
ss.history - it's too disjointed for one and completely off-topic as well.

What about setting up an alt. group (or series of groups)? Can additional
groups be added to the sci.space hierachy?

sci.space.moderated went over like a ton of bricks.

Face it, there just aren't enough honest (read : rabid) space
activists in the known universe to support even a single group in the
hierarchy.

The hierarchy : you will be assimilated!

Old May 26th 08, 10:36 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"jonathan" wrote in message
.. .

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
We need somewhere appropriate to for all this! Has anyone spoken to
Henry Spencer yet? We can't keep posting to ss.shuttle, ss.policy and
ss.history - it's too disjointed for one and completely off-topic as
well.

What about setting up an alt. group (or series of groups)? Can
additional groups be added to the sci.space hierachy?

Why don't you leave

Why would I do that? I post on-topic; you are the troll and continue to
disrupt this, and every other group you go to.

Old May 27th 08, 01:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"jonathan" wrote in message
.. .

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
We need somewhere appropriate to for all this! Has anyone spoken to
Henry Spencer yet? We can't keep posting to ss.shuttle, ss.policy and
ss.history - it's too disjointed for one and completely off-topic as
well.

What about setting up an alt. group (or series of groups)? Can
additional groups be added to the sci.space hierachy?

Why don't you leave

Why would I do that? I post on-topic; you are the troll and continue to
disrupt this, and every other group you go to.

It's been a whole day and "jonathan" has yet to complain about how Phoenix
is interfering with NASA building solar power systems.

Replace "solar power systems" with "space shuttle" and you pretty much have
bbo hallre.

Old May 27th 08, 04:17 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
We need somewhere appropriate to for all this! Has anyone spoken to Henry
Spencer yet? We can't keep posting to ss.shuttle, ss.policy and
ss.history - it's too disjointed for one and completely off-topic as well.

What about setting up an alt. group (or series of groups)? Can additional
groups be added to the sci.space hierachy?

The answer is sci.space.policy. That's the catch-all.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!

Old May 27th 08, 07:34 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Mon, 26 May 2008 21:36:00 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

Why would I do that? I post on-topic; you are the troll and continue to
disrupt this, and every other group you go to.

....You have a point, which is why I decided to give Pat's advice a
chance and let you out of Killfile Hell on probation. So far you've
managed to keep your nose clean, but replying to "jonathan", one of
this group's most pathetic trolls, isn't helping you *or* us any good.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old May 27th 08, 08:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Mon, 26 May 2008 23:17:55 -0400, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

The answer is sci.space.policy. That's the catch-all.

....It's been the garbage dump for sci.space since its creation some,
what? Two decades ago now? The mistake was, when converting
sci.columbia over to sci.space.shuttle, a second group dealing with
other missions should have also been created. .science and .tech sort
of caught this, but since those were created as moderated groups and
now have no moderator, they're essentially dead groups.

....So, what's the best course of action here? Can we get .science
changed to a non-moderated group, or should we look at an RFD/CFV for,
say, sci.space.current-missions, or sci.space.unmanned?

OM
--