Dropping back into the atmosphere at Mach 25 is never 'routine'....

Old April 9th 06, 02:12 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

Default Dropping back into the atmosphere at Mach 25 is never 'routine'....

wrote in message
oups.com...

At minimum the mars program is already dead, its final nail in the
coffin will be the day Bush is replaced.

Maybe sooner than that. The upcoming midterm elections
should see the democrats win one or both halves of
Congress. If the dems win the House I wouldn't at all
be surprised to see impeachment proceedings begin.

This last revelation about leaking the CIA data, while
standing in front of the American people denouncing
the leaks, was just too much.

And this recent talk of war with Iran, I'm beggining
to sense the White House is spinning out of control
and becoming desperate. Have you seen the recent
polls?

69% gave a big thumps down to the direction of the
country. A complete reversal from the Clinton years.
Clinton had an approval rate in the low 60's even
during the impeachment trials.

And the democrats have their biggest lead ever in
the polls on Congressional approval.

The last two years of Bush is looking to be a dark time
for this country. Potentially very dark. If he moves
towards another war they'll be no choice but
impeachment.

Jonathan

I dont think humans will return to the Moon on nasa vehicles.

NASA MAY get to keep a robotic moon program or buy space on a business
vehicle.

NASA will probably get a over priced CEV vehicle of some sort for LEO
only....

It will be quickly obsoleted by private industry.

The risk with private industry is the recession that I believe is
coming will dry up investment income in long term risky programs

Old April 9th 06, 02:21 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:01:23 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On 9 Apr 2006 05:08:39 -0700, in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Oil could easily go to $150 a barrell

Just have the insurgency spread from Iraq to the surrounding countries
like saudia arabia, or have a war involving israel, sink some oil
tankers in the straight of hormuz. there are likely more. even that
dictator in venezula could effect oil peices

Not that much.

Look at the chart. Not that much? It's best to read up on
a subject before commenting.

http://inflationdata.com/inflation/i...al_Oil_Prices_

Chart.htm

How does that chart show that they'll get to $150.

The chart shows that political instability caused oil prices
to triple on one occassion, and quadruple in another.
It's near seventy right now. Another big crisis, and simply
following historical trends, it could hit three or four times
it's current price. If Bush starts up with Iran, it could be
$150 next year.

Moreover, even if
they spiked there, it demonstrates that they wouldn't stay.

It goes up much faster than it comes down. The damage will
have been done...that is...to people like us. The big guys find such
volatility most profitable. Trust me, I play only volatility
for my market trading. They love volatility, can't make money
unless the prices changes, the more the faster the better.

Old April 9th 06, 03:00 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:12:19 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

wrote in message
roups.com...

At minimum the mars program is already dead, its final nail in the
coffin will be the day Bush is replaced.

Maybe sooner than that. The upcoming midterm elections
should see the democrats win one or both halves of
Congress. If the dems win the House I wouldn't at all
be surprised to see impeachment proceedings begin.

This last revelation about leaking the CIA data, while
standing in front of the American people denouncing
the leaks, was just too much.

It's not possible for a president to "leak" data.

You folks are hilarious.

Old April 9th 06, 04:05 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:21:06 -0400, "jonathan"
wrote:

The chart shows that political instability caused oil prices
to triple on one occassion, and quadruple in another.
It's near seventy right now. Another big crisis, and simply
following historical trends, it could hit three or four times
it's current price. If Bush starts up with Iran, it could be
$150 next year.

We're already in a crisis (caused by the war in Iraq) so the "three or
four times" level wouldn't be from where we are now, but from where it
was before this crisis.

Brian
Old April 9th 06, 05:58 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

the biggest reason to not have a war with iran is crippling our own oil
dependent economy......

Old April 9th 06, 06:08 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

On 9 Apr 2006 09:58:32 -0700, in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

the biggest reason to not have a war with iran is crippling our own oil
dependent economy......

Yes, 'cause we all know that nukes in our cities is so great for the
economy.
Old April 9th 06, 08:04 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

" wrote:

:Oil could easily go to $150 a barrell

Another lunatic heard from.

:This economy is about to tank

I rest my case.

And yours.

plonk

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 9th 06, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

:
:Look at the chart. Not that much? It's best to read up on
:a subject before commenting.
:
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/i...ices_Chart.htm
:
:How does that chart show that they'll get to $150. Moreover, even if
:they spiked there, it demonstrates that they wouldn't stay.

Yep. You know, if Jonathan would actually follow his own advice above
and also actually understand what he reads, I might actually take him
out of my killfile.

As it is, he's just one of the soft squishy things that new loons get
to land on.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old April 9th 06, 08:15 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history

" wrote:

:the biggest reason to not have a war with iran is crippling our own oil
:dependent economy......

A couple of facts for you:

1) Iran's total oil product amounts to around 3% of world production.

2) The US imports 0% of its oil from Iran.

Conclusion: You're an idiot.

-- Thomas Jefferson