Dodgy astronomy on TV - for amusement only

Old February 23rd 05, 02:51 PM

About half way down the page of De Revolutionibus there is a Greek
inscription borrowed from Plato telling those who untutored in geometry
to stay away.

http://www.hao.ucar.edu/public/educa...utionibus.html

On the web there are only three references to Kepler's lenten pretzel
or Panis Quadragesimalis from Astronomia Nova,considering that it
contains the motion of Mars as seen from Earth by which Kepler worked
out planetary shape and motion it is no small thing to see Newton ****
it up.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=...Search&m eta=

I too worked with GPS and I assure you they convert back to terrestial
longitudes representing 24 hours/360 deg of axial rotation without any
external references.You stupid silly ****s are teaching children that
there is a reference for axial rotation through 360 deg and Newtonian
perspectives and the later relativistic one rely on the wrong value for
axial rotation.

Call me what you will but I assure you that oddballs are untutored in
the association between terrestial geometry,astronomy and the pace of a
24 hour clock day allied with axial rotation.What happened to English
common sense or do I have to this thing on my own?.

Old February 23rd 05, 03:02 PM

All you will ever do is bluff and bluster and screw around trying to
explain to kids nonsense that is not fit for a dog.

"Each solar day the Earth rotates 360=BA with respect to the Sun.
Similarly the Earth rotates 360=BA with respect to the background stars
in a sidereal day. During each solar day, the motion of the Earth
around the Sun means the Earth rotates 361=BA with respect to the
background stars."

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/nav.00500300l005001000

There are a thousand sites just like that one,one no better or worse
than the next and all leading to Newtonian mechanics and further into
the exotic trash known as relativity.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:09 PM
Neil Booker

Hi Chris

No no. What I meant was that Oceanus procellarum was on the right instead of
the left etc. They didn't get it 'that' wrong. ;-)

Neil

Old February 23rd 05, 11:11 PM
Chris Taylor

"CLT" not@thisaddress wrote in message
Thank you. Word fail me when trying to describe that clown.

How about........Coprolalia

Regards

Chris

Old February 23rd 05, 11:45 PM

:-)

Regards
Chris.B

Old February 24th 05, 04:54 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Das wrote:
PS This geraldkelleher oddball.

Plonked that AS-bot ages ago. If only people would stop responding to
its drivel, I'd not even know it was being field-tested again.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old February 24th 05, 02:14 PM
Das

All you will ever do is bluff and bluster and screw around trying to
explain to kids nonsense that is not fit for a dog.

QED, Pete!
Old February 25th 05, 02:41 AM
CLT

"Chris Taylor" wrote in message

"CLT" not@thisaddress wrote in message
Thank you. Word fail me when trying to describe that clown.

How about........Coprolalia

Ah, that may be best. However doesn't Coprolalia allow the possibility that
the speech will still be intelligent?

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

Regards

Chris