I think I made a great Discovery

Old September 4th 04, 04:38 PM
Iosif Karioannoglou

Default I think I made a great Discovery

The creation of Earth and Moon
by Iosif Karaioannoglou

It was 3/9/2004 about 3:30 AM (Greek time = GMT + 2) when the idea came just right into my head. I
was watching the moon orbiting the earth in a simulation computer program and searched in the
internet for any information I could gather that indicates how the moon was created.

Many think that the moon was created by a large planet (let's call it X) the size of Mars hitting Earth
many million years ago with an effect of extracting a large pile of dirt that soon will become the Moon. I
was searching our solar system trying to find that X planet. It would have to have an unusual shape
with a large impact crater but I couldn't find the planet anywhere in our solar system. After a lot of
search I actually found the planet X and it's position was the most unusual position that anyone would
have imagined. We're actually standing on it. Now let's start from the beggining.

Suppose there is a planet called Earth that has a water / ice atmosphere (and sulfur in or around the
core which would explain why Earth would have a water atmosphere - it would have dehydrated every
planet in the solar system - (Rivers on Mars?)). Suppose there is also a planet called Y that hits earth
in a large impact. What would happen? Earth and Moon! The continents at the beggining of Earth
creation was close together. Now imagine that large continent having a shape of a circle. Do you know
what it's radius would be? Let's make some calculations. Right now the area of all the Earth surface is
about 143.300.000 km. Area of circle = r^2 * pi - r = sqrt(Area of circle / pi) - r = sqrt(143.300.000 /
pi) = 6755 km. The radius of the moon is 6331 km.

This large impact I've just described would have cracked the surface of planet Earth creating what we
call "Tectonic Plates". Through them some of the hot liquid elements in the center of earth (after being
mixed with the alien materials from planet X) would want to escape out to the surface because of all
the pressure planet X has caused in the center of Earth. This would instantly create massive volcanos
that pushed the part of planet X that was above the water surface of the Earth away into the solar
system. What we now call "impact crators on the moon" are really Earth's Volcanos hitting the Moon
and thus making it orbit around Earth and making it move away from us.

We always wondered why is Earth's surface unlike any other surface out in the solar system? Why
don't we have that many impact crators? This theory can explain that. If we're living in the middle of
planet we won't see that many impact crators will we? We need to search on the surface of the planet
which now rests on the bed of oceans. We also wondered why is the Moon's surface more smooth on
the "dark side of the moon" and not so smooth on the part that faces earth? If indeed there was a large
asteroid fire on the early stages of the universe (which is what science believes right now) that caused
that unusual shape of the Moon it would have affected Earth's surface too and probably more than that
of the moon.

About pangea.. If you look at the moon you will see the map (a bit distorted because of the size the
moon took in the million years to come) you could actually identify our own continents / seas /
mountaints on its surface. Remember that the elevation there is inverted. This could explain sufur
found on the moon near those "impact craters"
Old September 5th 04, 01:45 AM
sheep defender

In article , Iosif
Karioannoglou wrote:

[...]

The diameter of our Moon is only 3479 KM.

Old September 5th 04, 05:36 PM
Trakar Shaitanaku

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:38:27 +0000 (UTC), Iosif Karioannoglou
wrote:

[...]

I probably wouldn't use the same terminologies, and IMO, you have a
few "slightly imprecise" conceptual problems, but in general, this is
merely a minor variant of the largely concenusal opinion among those
who consider such, at this time.

A few minor revisions you may want to consider;

1) look to the antipodal of the impact site for the formation of the
first super-continent

2) look at the injection of lighter element phosphorus "injections"
into the deep mantle/outer core regions (the impactor core (as well as
the atmospheric density attenuation) may have provided the "critical
mass" heavy elements to push us over from being a tectonically
sporadic planet, to being one of the most tectonically active bodies
in the solar system (something I'd be willing to share credit for to a
large primary satellite, whose orbital center especially early after
it's formation, was in the upper mantle of it's primary ;-)

3) Though I suspect that life probably evolved prior to the
lunar-forming impact event. I suspect that the only life to survive
this event were some extremeophiles in a deep hot-rock environment.
All of the lessor variants were destroyed in the impact. In the
cleared environment (and it would greatly complicate matters of other
technological civilizations if such depends upon a duplication of this
aspect) the surviving extremeophiles fill the available ecosystem
eliminating competition from alternative RNA/DNA variants (now if
we're talking a survivor life-form from the impactor, we're anding yet
additional complications to the commonplace life arguments. If life as
we understand it requires abiogensis upon a small gravity world, but
then requires cultivation upon a high gravity, specially prepared,
long term tectonically active world to yield a likely crop of
metazoic, self-aware, technologically complex life-form, we may find
lots of mindless, genetically diverse, competing goo planets, but very
few where such as we exist).
;-)

much more but, you raise a potentially interesting discussion that
should be periodically, if not repeatedly, engaged upon, at least
within the topical bounds of this newsgroup, which should serve well.
;-)

Old September 5th 04, 06:43 PM
Iosif Karaioannoglou

Some more numbers that could help prove that my theory stands.. Sorry about the radius of the moon
it was a mistake.. Let's get this going..

Scientists believe tectonic plates were created 1 Billion Years ago.
If you calculate the distance of the Moon from Earth at that time based on the fact that the Moon
moves away from Earth at 3.8 cm per year you would have:
1.000.000.000 * 3.8 = 380.000 km closer to earth
Current distance is 384.000 km.
So Moon (having assumed that it's speed was constant throughout the 1 Billion years period (which
probably was not)) should be 4 km above the Earth when the Tectonic Plates were created.

Another thing I've found is this.. If you look at the side of the Moon that faces Earth you would see it
was molten before.. Scientists believes it's caused by volcanic activity on the Moon... I believe the face
we're watching was melted 1 billion years ago at the moment the Moon exploded out of Earth's
gravitation force by the large magma that hit it.

If you look at a negative photo of a map of the Moon you can identify Australia at the bottom right. If you
consider that the ratio of Earth : Moon ratio is 4 : 1 and measure the area surface of Moon's Australia
and that of Current Earth's Australia you'll see it's 4 : 1 which (the growth) was probably caused by
water doing its part on forming the Continents for the last billion years.

Can someone put a negative map of the Moon somewhere on the web? I can't find anything to upload
to.

Thank you for taking this theory seriously.. Sorry about my terminology but I don't know much about
astronomy actually : But I will try to prove my theory! Just need to know what I need to do in order to
prove it. You actually helped alot :

Old September 5th 04, 08:41 PM
Trakar Shaitanaku

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:43:41 +0000 (UTC), Iosif Karaioannoglou
wrote:

Some more numbers that could help prove that my theory stands.. Sorry about the radius of the moon
it was a mistake.. Let's get this going..

Scientists believe tectonic plates were created 1 Billion Years ago.
If you calculate the distance of the Moon from Earth at that time based on the fact that the Moon
moves away from Earth at 3.8 cm per year you would have:
1.000.000.000 * 3.8 = 380.000 km closer to earth
Current distance is 384.000 km.
So Moon (having assumed that it's speed was constant throughout the 1 Billion years period (which
probably was not)) should be 4 km above the Earth when the Tectonic Plates were created.

But of course such a conclusion (constant recession) is redculous,
simple calculus indicates perfect sonsistancy with the formation of a
lunar body from impact debris at a slight excess of the roche limit
some 4 billion years ago. Recessional rates would have been much
higher initially as the mutual tidal effects were more intense.
cirrent analysis indicates that, lacking any outside influences in
about 60 Billion years the moon would rejoin its mass with the Earth.
Solar dynamics are not likely to remain stable for that long.

Another thing I've found is this.. If you look at the side of the Moon that faces Earth you would see it
was molten before.. Scientists believes it's caused by volcanic activity on the Moon... I believe the face
we're watching was melted 1 billion years ago at the moment the Moon exploded out of Earth's
gravitation force by the large magma that hit it.

Heehehheee

If you look at a negative photo of a map of the Moon you can identify Australia at the bottom right. If you
consider that the ratio of Earth : Moon ratio is 4 : 1 and measure the area surface of Moon's Australia
and that of Current Earth's Australia you'll see it's 4 : 1 which (the growth) was probably caused by
water doing its part on forming the Continents for the last billion years.

Can someone put a negative map of the Moon somewhere on the web? I can't find anything to upload
to.

Thank you for taking this theory seriously.. Sorry about my terminology but I don't know much about
astronomy actually : But I will try to prove my theory! Just need to know what I need to do in order to
prove it. You actually helped alot :

Many similar points but several obviously erroneous ones, it is
curiosity that drives discovery, however, so full steam ahead!
;-)

Old September 5th 04, 11:05 PM
Mr. 4X

Iosif Karioannoglou wrote in message
.76:

[...]

The moon's radius is approx. 1738 km.

This large impact I've just described would have cracked the surface
of planet Earth creating what we call "Tectonic Plates". Through them
some of the hot liquid elements in the center of earth (after being
mixed with the alien materials from planet X) would want to escape out
to the surface because of all the pressure planet X has caused in the
center of Earth. This would instantly create massive volcanos that
pushed the part of planet X that was above the water surface of the
Earth away into the solar system. What we now call "impact crators on
the moon" are really Earth's Volcanos hitting the Moon and thus making
it orbit around Earth and making it move away from us.

Nonsense.

We always wondered why is Earth's surface unlike any other surface out
in the solar system? Why don't we have that many impact crators? This
theory can explain that.

It's because of the weather (rain/wind/snow/ice) and the plate
tectonics.

Mars also has relatively few impact craters.

If we're living in the middle of
planet we won't see that many impact crators will we? We need to
search on the surface of the planet which now rests on the bed of
oceans.

Nonsense. Ocean currents would have washed away craters.

Old September 5th 04, 11:29 PM
Giorgio Marini

Trakar Shaitanaku ha scritto:

additional complications to the commonplace life arguments. If life as
we understand it requires abiogensis upon a small gravity world, but
then requires cultivation upon a high gravity, specially prepared,
long term tectonically active world to yield a likely crop of
metazoic, self-aware, technologically complex life-form, we may find
lots of mindless, genetically diverse, competing goo planets, but very
few where such as we exist).
;-)

That is: life was born on light gravity ice-and-rock outer solar
system bodies, like comets, then, when they hit a planet...
Not so strange, it may happen everywhere!