Captain - She's Gonna Blow!

Old August 9th 08, 11:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
menotyou

Default Captain - She's Gonna Blow!

yes it was a good movie. still i should not have used the profanity. even if
it was in context. my apologies.

--
if at first you don't succeed.....

slit your throat and watch it bleed.

l. niel smith
nagasaki vector
"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

menotyou wrote:
was hoping someone would think of team america....**** YEAH!

That is one great movie indeed. :-D

Pat

Old August 10th 08, 12:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

menotyou wrote:

yes it was a good movie. still i should not have used the profanity. even if
it was in context. my apologies.

Profanity? On the usenet? On sci.space.*? Tell us it isn't so!

Oh ... the children ... the horror ...

Post your Scotty expletives here :

Old August 10th 08, 10:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Quadibloc

On Aug 6, 5:36 pm, "jonathan" wrote:

Liberals identified early with their mothers.
Conservatives with their fathers.

No, no. It's birth order! Firstborns are conservatives, later-borns
are liberals.

John Savard
Old August 10th 08, 10:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Quadibloc wrote:

On Aug 6, 5:36 pm, "jonathan" wrote:

Liberals identified early with their mothers.
Conservatives with their fathers.

No, no. It's birth order! Firstborns are conservatives, later-borns
are liberals.

It's also possible first born are more conservative because they are
older sooner, my observations is that some liberals become more
conservative as they age. It seems to be part of the aging process.
Old August 10th 08, 11:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
[email protected]

kT wrote:

Quadibloc wrote:

On Aug 6, 5:36 pm, "jonathan" wrote:

Liberals identified early with their mothers.
Conservatives with their fathers.

No, no. It's birth order! Firstborns are conservatives, later-borns
are liberals.

It's also possible first born are more conservative because they are
older sooner, my observations is that some liberals become more
conservative as they age. It seems to be part of the aging process.

I wonder how much conservatism comes from having children? Having to
suddenly protect a family tended to make me more "shoot first, ask
questions later" about certain issues. Between that and my growing
cynicism, all my liberal idealism has been ground into conservative dust.

None of that will matter when the gov't finally borrows so much it
collapses. Too bad I'm not a gun nut.

Mike Ross

Old August 11th 08, 12:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Good Grief.

You people have ZERO sense of humor, and we know why :

Four researchers who culled through 50 years of research literature
about the psychology of conservatism report that at the core of
political conservatism is the resistance to change and a tolerance for
inequality, and that some of the common psychological factors linked to
political conservatism include:

* Fear and aggression
* Dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity
* Uncertainty avoidance
* Need for cognitive closure
* Terror management

"From our perspective, these psychological factors are capable of
contributing to the adoption of conservative ideological contents,
either independently or in combination," the researchers wrote in an
article, "Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition,"
recently published in the American Psychological Association's
Psychological Bulletin.

You don't think these researchers had there own political biases do you?
Scientist and researchers are at the end of the day, all too human.

Old August 11th 08, 01:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Leopold Stotch wrote:
kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

True, but let's turn that around. Already the more enlightened open
minded, inquisitive, liberal folks have moved on from t,he psychological
and are investigating the evolutionary and biological; the physiological
aspects of the dichotomy, whereas the rigid and inflexible thinking
closed minded individuals such as yourself are questioning the result,
because it conflicts with your conservative emotional predispositions.
Old August 11th 08, 01:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

kT wrote:
Leopold Stotch wrote:
kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

Interesting, as your very reply seems rigid, inflexible and closed
minded. Perhaps you should carefully examine your own psychological
predisposition before you attempt to diagnose others. I think a bit of
introspection might be warranted here.
Old August 11th 08, 01:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Leopold Stotch wrote:
kT wrote:
Leopold Stotch wrote:
kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

With all do respect, we could stand around and discuss this all day, but
my previous memo from engineering was fairly clear. The fossil fuel
combustor is gonna blow a gasket, she kenna take it any longer, already
engineering is starting to overheat, and the ozone shields are failing.

I kenna make it any clearer Captain, she's gonna blow.

We're gonna be on batteries any day now.

Engineering.
Old August 11th 08, 01:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:18:24 GMT, in a place far, far away, Leopold
Stotch made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

kT wrote:

You don't think these researchers had there own political biases do
you? Scientist and researchers are at the end of the day, all too human.

True, but let's turn that around. Already the more enlightened open
minded, inquisitive, liberal folks have moved on from t,he psychological
and are investigating the evolutionary and biological; the physiological
aspects of the dichotomy, whereas the rigid and inflexible thinking
closed minded individuals such as yourself are questioning the result,
because it conflicts with your conservative emotional predispositions.

Interesting, as your very reply seems rigid, inflexible and closed
minded. Perhaps you should carefully examine your own psychological
predisposition before you attempt to diagnose others. I think a bit of
introspection might be warranted here.

Elifritz is a nutty troll. Killfile him, as most of us have.