End of the Titan era at the Cape

Old May 1st 05, 11:46 PM
gb

Default End of the Titan era at the Cape

The successful launch on April 29 from Launch Complex (Pad) 40 is the last
from the Cape and the second-to-last launch for the venerable heavy-lift
workhorse Titan IV. The final launch of the Titan IV will occur later this
summer at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. 27 Titan IVs were
launched from the Cape and 11 from Vandenberg. Titan IV is the culmination
of a long history and evolution from the original Titan I intercontinental
ballistic missile design of the late 1950s.

gb