What newsgroup is this?

Old January 29th 11, 09:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jim[_26_]

Default What newsgroup is this?

Please excuse my ignorance, but is this a newsgroup relating to
astronomy, telescopes, planets, star clusters, galaxies, etc.? Or, if
I'm in the wrong newsgroup, does anyone have suggestions of other groups
with info on such subjects?

Jim
Old January 29th 11, 09:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 29, 1:48*pm, Jim wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but is this a newsgroup relating to
astronomy, telescopes, planets, star clusters, galaxies, etc.? Or, if
I'm in the wrong newsgroup, does anyone have suggestions of other groups
with info on such subjects?

Jim

Perhaps looking in newsgroups of politics, religion or hate groups is
where you'll discover more astronomy related topics than here where
ZNR/GOP rusemasters rule, and having been in charge from the very get-
go.

http://translate.google.com/#
Old January 29th 11, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Odysseus[_1_]

In article ,
Jim wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but is this a newsgroup relating to
astronomy, telescopes, planets, star clusters, galaxies, etc.?

Yes, ostensibly, but it has a very low SNR, so to speak. Only about ten
percent of the postings here make it through my filters, for example.

Or, if I'm in the wrong newsgroup, does anyone have suggestions of
other groups with info on such subjects?

The situation is considerably better -- albeit far from what one might
wish -- on sci.astro (which is supposed to cover general & theoretical
astronomical topics) and sci.astro.amateur (with more emphasis on
practical matters, equipment, photography, &c.) If you have access to
"binary" groups, you might have a look at alt.binaries.pictures.astro,
where some discussion of the objects shown often accompanies or follows
the images posted.

--
Odysseus
Old January 31st 11, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Jan 29, 4:48*pm, Jim wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but is this a newsgroup relating to
astronomy, telescopes, planets, star clusters, galaxies, etc.? Or, if
I'm in the wrong newsgroup, does anyone have suggestions of other groups
with info on such subjects?

Jim

We have much astronomy discussed here. I can answer your questions on
telescopes,planets,star clusters,galaxies BH neutron stars and
expanding universe. Book stuff,and my own ideas(take your pick) I am
guilty of off topics and bad grammar and spelling. I know how
everything works,and how to make them work better. I'm to old to be
modest. I am not a lone thinkers. I'm the power of two imperial
thinkers. Treb + Bert = out of the box thinking However if you need
known stuff go to GOOGLE. TreBert
Old January 31st 11, 11:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

IDIOT, YOU STILL HAVEN'T READ ANY OF MY PAPERS!

MORON, YOU KNOW NOTHING!

YOU HAVE NO PROTOTYPES!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saul Levy]

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:07:43 -0800 (PST), herbert glazier
wrote:

We have much astronomy discussed here. I can answer your questions on
telescopes,planets,star clusters,galaxies BH neutron stars and
expanding universe. Book stuff,and my own ideas(take your pick) I am
guilty of off topics and bad grammar and spelling. I know how
everything works,and how to make them work better. I'm to old to be
modest. I am not a lone thinkers. I'm the power of two imperial
thinkers. Treb + Bert = out of the box thinking However if you need
known stuff go to GOOGLE. TreBert

How about a new newsgroup? Howard Lester Amateur Astronomy 29 September 15th 06 04:40 AM
so, someone, in some newsgroup... dave hillstrom Misc 80 September 2nd 06 12:40 AM
Newsgroup Help Doink Amateur Astronomy 3 July 5th 05 01:00 AM
Newsgroup help Mark Ewens Solar 2 July 21st 03 02:50 AM
Newsgroup help bwhiting Amateur Astronomy 0 July 20th 03 11:02 PM