NGC 4438 & Co. "The Eyes": galaxies in the Virgo Cluster

Old April 20th 11, 08:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Default NGC 4438 & Co. "The Eyes": galaxies in the Virgo Cluster

I'm pleased to place an old photograph of 2009, made during the Star Party
Mt Amiata (Grosseto - Italy) under a good sky. Unfortunately, we see
difficulties with the bridge that connects the interactive galaxy
NGC4438 & NGC 4458.

However, the limit of background glimpsed the brightest globular clusters
in the galaxies NGC 4435 & NGC 4458 (to see the map Hires).

This photograph was used with my BRC250 CCD ST-10XME.

Image standard:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...4438_brc_L.htm

Map Hires:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_..._map_hires.htm

Best regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MyWebSite: http://www.danilopivato.com
MyJobs: http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_coeli/index.htm

Old April 20th 11, 08:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Danilo,

Very nice result!

Please note you have a typo on the upper right corner and where you
write 6x900 and 1 hr total exposure. One of these two figures is not
correct. You either had 6x600 or 1.5 hr total exposure.

Anthony.

On 20 Απρ, 22:08, "Danilo Pivato" wrote:
I'm pleased to place an old photograph of 2009, made during the Star Party
Mt Amiata (Grosseto - Italy) under a good sky. Unfortunately, we see
difficulties with the bridge that connects the interactive galaxy
NGC4438 & NGC 4458.

However, the limit of background glimpsed the brightest globular clusters
in the galaxies NGC 4435 & NGC 4458 (to see the map Hires).

This photograph was used with my BRC250 CCD ST-10XME.

Image standard:http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...4438_brc_L.htm

Map Hires:http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...38_brc_L_map_h...

Best regards,

Danilo Pivato

Old April 20th 11, 08:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

On Apr 20, 12:08*pm, "Danilo Pivato" wrote:
I'm pleased to place an old photograph of 2009, made during the Star Party
Mt Amiata (Grosseto - Italy) under a good sky. Unfortunately, we see
difficulties with the bridge that connects the interactive galaxy
NGC4438 & NGC 4458.

However, the limit of background glimpsed the brightest globular clusters
in the galaxies NGC 4435 & NGC 4458 (to see the map Hires).

This photograph was used with my BRC250 CCD ST-10XME.

Image standard:http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...4438_brc_L.htm

Map Hires:http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...38_brc_L_map_h...

Best regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MyWebSite:http://www.danilopivato.com
MyJobs:http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_coeli/index.htm

One of my favorite areas. I believe this is the lower and of the
"Markarian Chain" if I'm not mistaken. Its a fine capture and
thanks for posting.
Old April 21st 11, 07:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Thank you, Anthony, I immediately corrected the mistake!
The exposed was actually 6 x 900 seconds, equivalent to 1,5 hours

Danilo Pivato

Old April 21st 11, 03:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 4/20/11 12:08 PM, Danilo Pivato wrote:
I'm pleased to place an old photograph of 2009, made during the Star Party
Mt Amiata (Grosseto - Italy) under a good sky. Unfortunately, we see
difficulties with the bridge that connects the interactive galaxy
NGC4438& NGC 4458.

However, the limit of background glimpsed the brightest globular clusters
in the galaxies NGC 4435& NGC 4458 (to see the map Hires).

This photograph was used with my BRC250 CCD ST-10XME.

Image standard:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...4438_brc_L.htm

Map Hires:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_..._map_hires.htm

Best regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MyWebSite: http://www.danilopivato.com
MyJobs: http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_coeli/index.htm

Thanks for posting your image. Very nice work.
Old April 23rd 11, 07:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

On Apr 21, 7:16*am, lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

This NASA image gives a good perspective on the whole
region.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110422.html