An important moment in the history of sci.astro.amateur

Old June 6th 14, 08:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default An important moment in the history of sci.astro.amateur

On June 4th 2014 Gerald (aka oriel36) wrote:
"Were you to stand on the Greenwich meridian and count the number of times a circumpolar star crosses it,you would discover 1461 times in 1461 days or the 4 times it take the Earth to complete a circuit of the central Sun."

Finally Gerald comes clean!

For ages I haven't been clear if Gerald accepts the concept of the sidereal day but disputes its significance in everyday life or if he disputes the concept in its entirety. Clearly it is the latter.

Readers here know full well that if you look due north at midnight on Dec 31st the sky doesn't look exactly the same at it does on June 30th. It only requires the most simple of experiments to prove this. Gerald would have readers believe that he hasn't made this observation himself, sorry Gerald but I don't buy this, not for a minute.

So I suggest that he either cannot accept the evidence of his own eyes in which case he needs immediate and significant help or he is, as many have suggested, some combination of a troll and a sufferer from autism. Either way we cannot help him

Can we now, finally, draw a line under this infection. Ignore each and every post Gerald makes and reclaim the group for the members.