CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 8th 05, 03:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:31:36 -0600, Dave O'Neill wrote
(in article . com):

I revel in the mindset that allows you to say a person is clueless, has
reading comprehension problems and has delusional fantasies about what
you write and yet is not an idiot and not suffering from mental
deficiencies.

Here's a free lesson on the World According to Rand: "It's not me,
it's every one of the rest of you."

Once you realize that's where he's coming from, it's much easier to
toss him into the killfile and be done with it.

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."

Old December 8th 05, 05:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 06:53:06 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

By the way, really cool dodge of the point about market analysis tools.

And equally (actually, even more) "cool" dodge of my quesion of how
much my family should suffer before the great "Dave O'Neill" will
consider me worthy of being part of the alt-space community.

Don't be hysterical Rand.

I'm not being "hysterical." You're the one who accused me of working
for big aerospace so that I could keep a roof over my head.
Old December 8th 05, 06:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 07:00:38 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

Given what you, yourself call people on and off Usenews - thinking for
a moment of your rabid diatribes about what an idiot and mental
deficient Mark Whittington is

I've never called him either.

- this whole wounded, "poor me" routine
is a little nauseating.

I'm not doing a "poor me" routine. I'm simply objectively pointing
out the slanderous nature of the creature's utterings. I'm no victim.
You're the one who foolishly talked about lawyers, not me.

You need to start debating again Rand rather than pathetically jerking
your knee when people have the shear afrontary to disagree with some of
your sacred cows.

My what?

You do _know_ what a "Sacred Cow" is don't you? The term is in the
dictionary.

Yes.

My what?

Your sacred cows - you've dozens of them. DO you want to play this
game all day?

I've no interest in playing games at all. You're the one who seems to
want to do that, hinting at mysterious "sacred cows," but refusing to
specify what they are.

I've missed how upset I seem to get you :-p

You'll continue to miss it. I'm (as usual) quite calm. And amused.
Old December 8th 05, 06:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default The Borg is #1

Rand Simberg wrote:

I revel in the mindset that allows you to say a person is clueless, has
reading comprehension problems and has delusional fantasies about what
you write and yet is not an idiot and not suffering from mental
deficiencies.

Here's a free lesson on the World According to Rand: "It's not me,
it's every one of the rest of you."

Nope.

That's a neat trick too, Q modifies the spacetime continuum,
so that the 'BORG' Rand Simborg, stays on top of it all.

Yes, the BORG is always #1. It's all about the BORG.

http://cosmic.lifeform.net
http://cosmic.lifeform.org

Old December 8th 05, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 07:09:10 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 8 Dec 2005 06:53:06 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

By the way, really cool dodge of the point about market analysis tools.

And equally (actually, even more) "cool" dodge of my quesion of how
much my family should suffer before the great "Dave O'Neill" will
consider me worthy of being part of the alt-space community.

Don't be hysterical Rand.

I'm not being "hysterical." You're the one who accused me of working
for big aerospace so that I could keep a roof over my head.

No, actually I didn't. That's how you read it and your mind warped it
in the process.

I believe I accused you of suckling at the government teat - in
particular government space acitivty which you then slag off.

Quote: "you certainly are prepared to suckle from the government teat
to keep a roof over your head."

But just stay in denial.
Old December 8th 05, 06:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 07:23:41 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 8 Dec 2005 07:00:38 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

Given what you, yourself call people on and off Usenews - thinking for
a moment of your rabid diatribes about what an idiot and mental
deficient Mark Whittington is

I've never called him either.

You called him "clueless" on several occasions on November 28 on your
Blog. You questioned his reading comprehension then and on several
other occasions. You accused him of "fantasies" about what you write
then too.

All of which were demonstrably true.

- this whole wounded, "poor me" routine
is a little nauseating.

I'm not doing a "poor me" routine.

It's how your posting comes across.

Not to me.

I'm simply objectively pointing
out the slanderous nature of the creature's utterings. I'm no victim.
You're the one who foolishly talked about lawyers, not me.

shrug Again, a strange response given the context in which lawyers
were raised.

Again, you're the one who raised them, not me.

If it doesn't bother you, I'm wondering why you keep replying.

It entertains me.
Old December 8th 05, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 07:27:35 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

No, actually I didn't. That's how you read it and your mind warped it
in the process.

I believe I accused you of suckling at the government teat - in
particular government space acitivty which you then slag off.

Quote: "you certainly are prepared to suckle from the government teat
to keep a roof over your head."

Which translated into: "working for big aerospace" when parsed through
your brain.

I was specifically referring to your work with government space
agencies which I believe you said you have been doing around fuel
depots?

No. Unless by "work with government space agencies" you mean work for
government contractors with government contracts. Is that "suckling
from the government teat"?

Can you please get your story straight?

I won't wait around to see, as I expect that the answer will continue
to be, "no."

I see no issue with you working for Big Aerospace companies in your
position, but I do find given your almost explosive reaction to
anything tainted with government direct cash and government space that
this is a little hypocritical. A trait you seem to hate in others.

My "almost explosive reaction"? Can you actually point out an example
of such an "almost explosive reaction"?

More nonsense and hysteria on your part, apparently. Some of my best
friends work for the government, and the government space programs.
Sorry to disappoint.
Old December 8th 05, 06:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 8 Dec 2005 07:31:36 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

Given what you, yourself call people on and off Usenews - thinking for
a moment of your rabid diatribes about what an idiot and mental
deficient Mark Whittington is

I've never called him either.

You called him "clueless" on several occasions on November 28 on your
Blog. You questioned his reading comprehension then and on several
other occasions. You accused him of "fantasies" about what you write
then too.

All of which were demonstrably true.

No, they may be true to you but they're certainly not _true_ to other
people. Heh. We're back to Randian Cows again.

I cited what I wrote. I cited what he wrote about I wrote. I pointed
out the major disconnect between the two. He had no substantive
response (other than gainsaying denial), simply moving on to his next
fantasy. Most were able to follow the discussion. Sorry you weren't.

I revel in the mindset that allows you to say a person is clueless, has
reading comprehension problems and has delusional fantasies about what
you write and yet is not an idiot and not suffering from mental
deficiencies.

Revel away.
Old December 8th 05, 07:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:53:00 -0600, in a place far, far away, Herb
Schaltegger made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:31:36 -0600, Dave O'Neill wrote
(in article . com):

I revel in the mindset that allows you to say a person is clueless, has
reading comprehension problems and has delusional fantasies about what
you write and yet is not an idiot and not suffering from mental
deficiencies.

Here's a free lesson on the World According to Rand: "It's not me,
it's every one of the rest of you."

Nope. Just a select few. Most are reasonable.
Old December 9th 05, 01:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:53:00 -0600, in a place far, far away, Herb
Schaltegger made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:31:36 -0600, Dave O'Neill wrote
(in article . com):

I revel in the mindset that allows you to say a person is clueless, has
reading comprehension problems and has delusional fantasies about what
you write and yet is not an idiot and not suffering from mental
deficiencies.

Here's a free lesson on the World According to Rand: "It's not me,
it's every one of the rest of you."

Nope. Just a select few. Most are reasonable.

Really? You know Rand, you're supposed to be a smart guy. When poster after
poster tells you how you come across and they're all pretty much in general
agreement, you might just want to think they're on to something.