ASTRO: M33 (central area)

Old October 6th 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: M33 (central area)

I had a clear night on September 23. As the almost full moon added it's
light to the city lights I didn't want to shoot anything exotic and decided
to image the center of M33.
Seeing was very good, so I didn't do any sharpening.
I also took some Halpha images but decided not to use them as the HII
regions are visible with pure RGB.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9
camera, 49x5 minutes for L, 3x5 minutes at 2xbin each for RGB.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/M33colourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M33colourgut.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	1279
Old October 6th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I had a clear night on September 23. As the almost full moon added it's
light to the city lights I didn't want to shoot anything exotic and
decided to image the center of M33.
Seeing was very good, so I didn't do any sharpening.
I also took some Halpha images but decided not to use them as the HII
regions are visible with pure RGB.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount,
SXV-H9 camera, 49x5 minutes for L, 3x5 minutes at 2xbin each for RGB.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/M33colourgut.jpg

Stefan

That's far better seeing than I've ever had. Great resolution! I've
seen a report of a nova (not super nova) going off in it. So I tried
through clouds a few days ago. Only picture I have on it shows such a
close up of M33 I can't figure out where in the galaxy it is but appears
to be the outskirts beyond your image and mine. Coordinates are
01h33m58s.64, +30°57'34".6. I'll have to see if that is within my lum
frames.

I got shut down part way through however when clouds went solid on me.
Not enough data to do anything and since then its been typical October
drizzle and fog.

But I did get the corrector cleaned for the first time. I forgot the
dew heater one night and really plastered pollen at the height of the
ragweed season onto it thanks to the dew. Slow job soaking a small area
until it released then going on to the next. I won't forget that heater
again! But I do have a nice purple corrector again, not a yellow one.

Rick

Old October 6th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
I had a clear night on September 23. As the almost full moon added it's
light to the city lights I didn't want to shoot anything exotic and
decided
to image the center of M33.
Seeing was very good, so I didn't do any sharpening.
I also took some Halpha images but decided not to use them as the HII
regions are visible with pure RGB.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with an 8" SCT at f/6.5, G11 mount, SXV-H9
camera, 49x5 minutes for L, 3x5 minutes at 2xbin each for RGB.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/M33colourgut.jpg

Stefan

i think that looks very nice Stefan.

you really should shoot some Halpha though....

mix it into the red and blue channels and it will look even nicer in my
opinion

Old October 6th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Rick Johnson wrote:

Stefan Lilge wrote:

[...]

I did a quick check of my image and see while I went farther north than
you did I'm still 6 minutes south of the nova. Its about 14 minutes
north of the core of M33. I found this on it. Looks like it has likely
faded beyond my limit by now as it was fading rapidly in early Sept. Oh
well.
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~bait/2003/nova_n0598.html

Rick

Old October 7th 07, 04:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

That is very cool Stefan... a close view indeed... there is a lot to look at
there.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com