Tight fisted people.....

Old August 6th 03, 08:55 PM
M13

Default Free colour filter swatch (was: Tight fisted people.....)

Martin,
Go to the bottom of this web page and request your free colour filter
swatch:

http://www.rosco-ca.com/products/fil...ction=Roscolux

I got one of these about 15 years ago and I'm glad to see that company
is still sending out free swatch samples.

Regards,
Paul.

Visit "UK Astronomy Buy & Sell"
http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk

"Martin Anderson" wrote in message ...
I decided to attempt to make some small eyepiece filters (can't work, very
little cash) so off i went to a Model making shop here in sunny Spalding.

the boss was very helpfull(?). After i explained what i wanted, he very
helpfully offered me coloured film type sheets about 25cm X 2metres - per
colour!!

very nice i said but i only need some small pieces. Like these he said,
showing me a small card with 20 odd different colours about 6cm X 3cm.
perfect i says, how much? Oh no he says, theyre not for sale but are only
samples.

They are perfect for me. Sorry he said, you will have to buy the single
packs. What do i do with the remainimg 90% of unused sheet? Sell them to
your friends.

So, each sheet cost's 3.99 and i would need probably 5 different colours.
That equates to 1/2 a weeks shopping for me.

I think i will go in again and have a good look on the sample pack and see
if i can find the supplier.

Isn't it nice to have such caring, sharing people in this world?????

Sorry about the rant and stuff.

(I was thinking of buying a box of Roses sweets and using the wrappers but
not enough colours)

Martin A