ASTRO: RGB + Halpha for M31: now at 12.5 hours

Old November 4th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: RGB + Halpha for M31: now at 12.5 hours

I added some RGB (!) data to my Halpha data previously reported in late
October

total exposure time is now 12.5 hours: 7 hours of Halpha and 5.5hours of RGB

I may fiddle with it a bit more, I haven't decided yet

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m31...HaRGB_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m31_fsq_6303_baader_optec_hargb_12h30m_xga.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1430
Old November 4th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
I added some RGB (!) data to my Halpha data previously reported in late
October

total exposure time is now 12.5 hours: 7 hours of Halpha and 5.5hours of RGB

I may fiddle with it a bit more, I haven't decided yet

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m31...HaRGB_page.htm

Looking pretty good now!

In my shot of last year I saw a squiggle below a bright star in a dark
lane that looked to be an HII region, the only one I spotted (upper edge
right of center. It didn't show in your previous versions. It shows
clearly in this one. Nice to know I was right after all. I had my
doubts after the earlier shots.

Rick

Old November 4th 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Not too much more needed!.. What a lovely view Richard.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
. ..

Old November 6th 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote

Wonderful image Richard! Have you checked for globulars in this image? With
that level of rez I'd bet that you got at least the brighter ones.

George N

Old November 6th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"George Normandin" wrote in message
"Richard Crisp" wrote

Wonderful image Richard! Have you checked for globulars in this image?
With that level of rez I'd bet that you got at least the brighter ones.

have at it George....

http://nedwww.ipac.caltech.edu/level...as/frames.html

here's a feeble attempt from a few years back

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...uster_page.htm