What if (on Sun Wobble)

Old February 14th 09, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default What if (on Sun Wobble)

On Feb 14, 5:35*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
BG *Good question *"What causes Sirius to wobble?. I would go with a big
gas planet??? * * * * *I do not know how far Sirius is from us? *I do
know Sirius is about the brightest star in Summer in the southern
hemisphere * TreBert

I too believe it's either a massive gas giant or simply a small brown
dwarf that's giving off mostly IR. However, it could also be a highly
compacted planet or even a small black hole that emerged from one of
their LHCs. Whatever it is, it should be detected and researched for
all it's worth.

~ BG
Old February 14th 09, 10:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 14, 5:35*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
BG *Good question *"What causes Serius to wobble?. I would go with a big
gas planet??? * * * * *I do not know how far Serius is from us? *I do
know Serius is about the brightest star in Summer in the southern
hemisphere * TreBert

Sirius is 8.6 light years from Earth and is the brightest star in the
sky, period.

Double-A

Old February 14th 09, 11:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 14, 1:44*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Feb 14, 5:35*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

BG *Good question *"What causes Serius to wobble?. I would go with a big
gas planet??? * * * * *I do not know how far Serius is from us? *I do
know Serius is about the brightest star in Summer in the southern
hemisphere * TreBert

Sirius is 8.6 light years from Earth and is the brightest star in the
sky, period.

Double-A

That's not even to mention the Sirius UV spectrum (much of which
doesn't get through our thin atmosphere), although hydrogen balloon
assisted observations should be impressive. Unfortunately, we'll also
need to narrow bandpass and focus on the IR spectrum if trying to
detect Sirius C.

~ BG
Old February 21st 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on Sun Wobble) + Uranius

What if Uranus did not wobble? Or was not this the reason astronomers
knew that Uranus was being pulled by an invisible object? A planet in
our solar system used to find a planet near it sounds a little
bizarre,but best to keep in mind over 150 years ago telescopes were not
very powerful,and Neptune is about 40 times further from the Sun than
Earth some 2825 million miles. TreBert

Old February 21st 09, 06:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 21, 9:05*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if Uranus did not wobble? *Or was not this the reason astronomers
knew that Uranus was being pulled by an invisible object? *A planet in
our solar system used to find a planet near it sounds a little
bizarre,but best to keep in mind over 150 years ago telescopes were not
very powerful,and Neptune is about 40 times further from the Sun than
Earth some 2825 million miles. *TreBert

An electron or neutron packed black hole doesn't have to be very big.

Hopefully the LHC will create a few prototype terrestrial black holes,
so that Earth gets to wobble.

~ BG
Old February 21st 09, 06:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 21, 9:05*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if Uranus did not wobble? *Or was not this the reason astronomers
knew that Uranus was being pulled by an invisible object? *A planet in
our solar system used to find a planet near it sounds a little
bizarre,but best to keep in mind over 150 years ago telescopes were not
very powerful,and Neptune is about 40 times further from the Sun than
Earth some 2825 million miles. *TreBert

Sirius A/B still have a significant wobble, of something .06 solar
mass. Wonder what's causing it.

An electron or neutron packed black hole doesn't have to be very big
in order to impose its gravity. Hopefully the LHC will create a few
prototype terrestrial black holes, so that Earth gets an extra wobble.

~ BG
Old February 21st 09, 11:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

What if Uranus did not wobble? Or was not this the reason astronomers
knew that Uranus was being pulled by an invisible object? A planet in
our solar system used to find a planet near it sounds a little
bizarre,but best to keep in mind over 150 years ago telescopes were not
very powerful,and Neptune is about 40 times further from the Sun than
Earth some 2825 million miles. TreBert

Bert, if planet Uranus did not wobble, than planet
Neptune would not have been found by astronomers
(teams led by Urbain Le Verrier and John Couch Adams)
who mapped out Neptune's probable position by the
accurate measurements of Uranus' perterbation. The
planet Neptune was discovered within about 1 degree of
its predicted position.

The even *more* astounding show was the discovery of
Pluto. After finding Neptune, astronomers erroneously
thought that there were still wobbles in Uranus that must
mean yet another gas giant out beyond Neptune. After
searching for many years, the astronomer Percival Lowell
died without finding "Planet X". Then his student, Clyde
Tombaugh, found what was thought to be the gas giant
in almost precisely the predicted spot! Talk about your
astounding mysteries of astronomy, especially when one
considers that Pluto is sooo much smaller than a gas
giant!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out."
Alfred Hitchcock

P.P.S.: http://Astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://PoisonFalls.painellsworth.net
http://TheInternetStory.painellsworth.net

Old February 21st 09, 11:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Painius You are a knowledgable giant. Seems astronomers are using
"WOBBLE" more and more to find invisible objects. Wobble is the wave of
the future TreBert

Old February 22nd 09, 02:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 21, 2:42*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Painius You are a knowledgable giant. Seems astronomers are using
"WOBBLE" more and more to find invisible objects. Wobble is the wave of
the future * TreBert

But only as long as such wobble doesn't involve the Sirius star/solar
system that we're kinda trekking ourselves towards at 7.6 km/s.

Stellar dimming is yet another objective tool of science that can be
peer replicated, but once again the Sirius star/solar system is
apparently too close, too bright and otherwise can't be looked at
without special permission from some Zionist approved God. However, a
Sirius C that's in a polar orbit would somewhat exclude the usual
detection via dimming per orbit, unless that polar orbit were
sufficiently aligned with us. All is however lost if Sirius C turns
out being a highly compacted kind of extremely high density planet
(say one of nearly pure thorium and uranium), or that of a small black
hole about the size of a large beach ball.

~ BG
Old February 22nd 09, 02:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 21, 2:01*pm, "Painius" wrote:
"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...

in ...

[...]

What's the current 105~110 thousand year wobble of our solar system
related to?

~ BG