Spirit communication lost!

Old January 23rd 04, 02:40 PM
Dave

You're right: 1 part in a million (that's what I say above)
is fine & useful, everything else obviously is crap (that's
the s.S [sci.Stupid] stuff you must have in mind).

Oh sorry, I see from your e-mail address that's
your site. Never mind, keep taking the pills

A typically helpless s.S argument against what I
say above, _ie_ none at all.

OK then,

let's quote from your page:

The clear consideration shows that although we are unable at present to
lower the temperature below -273 °C, there is no reason to stop at this
temperature in our further reflections. Indeed, the inexorable law of logic
lets us assume with a view to the structure of substances described in Part
Two that temperatures far below -273 °C are possible and legitimate.
Furthermore we come to perceive that the temperature of -273 °C is a
specifically earthly value which must not be applied to celestial bodies
having other distances from the sun, and that indeed each celestial body
within the solar system has its own specific so-called absolute zero point.
For instance, the mean specific absolute zero points in °C of our planets
would be as follows:

Mercury -106

Venus -197.5

Earth -273

Mars -418

Jupiter -1425

Saturne -2610

Uranus -5250

Neptune -8230

Pluto -10800

If looking at even a simple 1st year undergraduate text book on
thermodynamics isn't enough to convince you this is garbage, then who am I
to argue?

Dave

Old January 23rd 04, 02:57 PM
Richard

Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote in message ...
Folks,

I just received a news flash from the Space Flight Now web site
(run by Astronomy Now Magazine) and it seems to be official that
communication HAS been lost.

We have the proposed landing of Opportunity on the weekend and,
hopefully, Spirit will be back in action by then so that we can enjoy
transmissions from both rovers.

Anthony.

Another possible example as to why politically-correct solar panel
power is stupid and risky (delicate) and WHY they should have use
a plutonium power source. But hey; We wouldn't want to risk polluting
Mars and killing off those billion year old baterial fossils.
-Rich
Old January 23rd 04, 03:29 PM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Dave" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Obviously nobody, because you blindly believe
in text books without drawing conclusions from
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm, let
alone of how this experiment is a consequence
of the Logical Qualitative EVU System explained
in www.paf.li/perceptions.htm. Why not THINK
using your ICS, instead of being made a slave
to s.S?

& regarding the missions to outer planets: just
imagine yourself back 1/2 century, when the
s.S scientists were childishly sitting at their
quantifying theories, telling the technologists
how to calculate the first experiments in their
then thought to be totally empty space - &
because of one failure after another the
engineers responsible for proper functioning
of their products - & only then getting bonus
instead of malus returns from their clients -
for better or worse turned to Velikvosky's
RHNH explanations about what they would
find in the real universe. During the coming
years we'll experience the same twist toward
the EVU, hopefully saving heaps of money
firing some hundreds of thousands s.S
scientists & discontinuing such expensive
operations like CERN, plus lots of universities
& other religious institutions.

But what, except from your textbook angle, do
you consider as wrong in the absolute zero
temperatures for the different planets? What
observation is standing against it? Do remember
that "if the interior of the sun were as hot as it
is cold in reality, it could not be seen as a ball
in its present shape on the sky, but it would
since long have had the same fate as a nova.
The possibility of the nearly inexhaustible
reserve of potential energy of the sun is based
solely on the assumption of a lowest coldness
limit" (_cf_
http://www.paf.li/perceptions.htm#_Toc2338372).

There you have another reason for failing space
missions, because nobody has explored the
processes operating in the EVU's Dynamical
Equilibrium Zones [DEZ]: as exemplified by
placing a substance into the gravitational DEZ in
http://www.paf.li/gravitation_experiment.htm B.

Old January 23rd 04, 04:09 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[alternate reality snipped]

I find you fascinating. Really. I wish I could study you; I wish I
couuld quantify you. I mean, here we have an apparently bright person
who, failing to acquire a real and meaningful education, simply makes up
an alternate reality of his own. A reality where it is only him who has
all the answers. Everyone else is wrong! Simply wonderful! It makes
me want to study psychology. Tell me, what happens when you take your
little pills? Do you realize what an idiot you've been? Is that why
you stop taking them?

Old January 23rd 04, 04:15 PM
Greg Crinklaw

MichaelJP wrote:
But surely they will have some sort of uncorruptible boot kernel in ROM that
allows them to reboot the system and clear the memory.

Yes. It's my feeling (and I could be completely wrong!) that the
apparent signal received when MGS passed overhead was a red herring.
The rover had simply gone into safe mode, but this apparent
communication didn't fit with that. So they began to be worrind about
more serious issues. The most recent news is that everying seems to be
working ok, it's just that Spirit safed herself, which is something not
unexpected from time to time. We should know more after the morning
press briefing.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

Old January 23rd 04, 04:18 PM
Michael

Spirit sent 2 lots of data back this am EST in 10 and 20 min sesions. Looks
like it was a s/w or memory curruption problem.

http://mars.telascience.org/
Join in chat at #maestro on irc.freenode.net #ukweather on Undernet and
#usweather on Austnet.
K2MAH
Old January 23rd 04, 04:27 PM
Dave

But what, except from your textbook angle, do
you consider as wrong in the absolute zero
temperatures for the different planets? What
observation is standing against it?

It's up to you to provide evidence that absolute zero is different for
different planets, it's YOUR theory that disagrees with the accepted ones.
If you can point to reproducible experimental evidence, then maybe the rest
of us will accept it. Otherwise, it's just another theory you've just
invented.

Dave

Old January 23rd 04, 06:52 PM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Dave" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

But what, except from your textbook angle, do
you consider as wrong in the absolute zero
temperatures for the different planets? What
observation is standing against it?

It's up to you to provide evidence that absolute
zero is different for different planets, it's YOUR
theory

The EVU is not a UQT [Unlogical Quantifying Theory],
but a LQS [Logical Qualifying System]

that disagrees with the accepted ones. If you
can point to reproducible experimental evidence,

If I did that, EVU would be subordinated to s.S
method. If someone wishes to know, they would
have to follow their ICS [Informed Common Sense]
to study www.paf.li/perceptions.htm (in German
www.paf.li/erkenntnisse.htm) & take up discussion
from there.

then maybe the rest of us will accept it.

The universe is quite indifferent to it being accepted
by any or all the rest of you: so why should I care?
I'm not here as a teacher, I just put some facts to
the attention of HI, AI, & BBI (Human, Artificial, &
BlackBox Intelligence) for their own judgement -
if they don't dispose of the necessary ICS, nature
again neither knows nor cares about them.

Otherwise, it's just another theory you've just
invented.

You still cannot differentiate between UQT & LQS.

Old January 23rd 04, 07:29 PM
Marx @ www.paf.li

"Greg Crinklaw" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Marx @ www.paf.li wrote:
[alternate reality snipped]

I find you fascinating.

The term comes from "fasces", the symbol designating
& having generated the word "fascism" & carried by the
Roman Highpriest's executioners to perform human
sacrifice (eg 1/2 century ago in the last holocaust): are
you particularly devoted to that sort of thing?

Really. I wish I could study you; I wish I couuld
quantify you.

Nicely put: sacrificing qualifying to quantifying, living
observed facts to holocausted ashes - as mentioned
above.

I mean, here we have an apparently bright person
who, failing to acquire a real and meaningful
education, simply makes up an alternate reality
of his own. A reality where it is only him who has
all the answers. Everyone else is wrong!

Why don't you inquire the basic reason by initially
asking the first Crucial Question:

Can a collective, or even mankind as a whole, behave l
ike an individual neurotic?

& answer it with the help of the RHNH finding out
about CoR?

Simply wonderful! It makes me want to study
psychology.

Psycho- & systems analysis would rather be
called for. However, those require more sagacity
than you seem to dispose of.

Tell me, what happens when you take your little pills?
Do you realize what an idiot you've been? Is that why
you stop taking them?

O no dear. You simply realise the enormity of s.S you
have to cope with in the PRS-Conglomerate.

---

RHNH = Reconstruction of Human & Natural History;
cf (in German) www.paf.li.

PRS(-conglomerate) = entirety of the collective thinking
systems, ie the Philosophies, Religions & [exo- & esoteric]
sciences, ruled by the
CREDO = "What is OBSERVED is NOT to be PERCEIVED,
& what is to be BELIEVED is NOT to be OBSERVED"

EVU = Electric Vortex Universe; cf www.paf.li/perceptions.htm.

BBI = BlackBoxIntelligence; AI = artificial, HI = human intelligence
ICS = Informed Common Sense

CoR = Collective Repression (causing IBC)
IBC = Irrational Behaviour of the Collective (Knowledge
Adulteration, Holocaust, War, Terrorism, Destructive
Technolgy)

s.S = sci.Stupid(ity)

Old January 23rd 04, 08:04 PM
Greg Crinklaw