The Collins-Newman-Savard theory of global temperatures.

Old January 13th 15, 08:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña

Default The Collins-Newman-Savard theory of global temperatures.

"Mike Collins" wrote in message
"Carbon dioxide gets its heat from IR emitted from the Earth"
"Mike Collins" wrote in message
"the IR absorbed from the Earth Is radiated uniformly and so 50% of this is
reradiated to the Earth causing net retention of heat. The higher the CO2
concentration the higher the heat retention.
So more CO2 means more warming. CO2i is of course not the only greenhouse
gas. But it's the only one whose concentration is increasing enough to drive
global temperature. Water is also a potent greenhouse gas and higher global
temperatures increase the H2O content of the atmosphere causing further
temperature rise which is complicated by the higher reflectance of clouds."
-- Mike Collins

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...
"the amount of CO2 available to absorb IR in the Martian atmosphere is
actually not as much as you might think, so the warming effect of the CO2 is
only about 5K on Mars. This compares with appx 33K warming in the Earth's
atmosphere attributable to CO2 and H2O, and the almost 500K of warming
(mostly due to CO2) in Venus's atmosphere."
-- Jim Newman

"Quadibloc" wrote in message
"Mars is further from the Sun than the Earth, and its atmosphere is quite
thin. The greenhouse effect is operative on Mars, otherwise it would be even
colder."
--John Savard

"At 1 pascal the sublimation temperature for CO2 drops to about 90K" --
Newman/Collins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Mars
"The atmospheric pressure on the Martian surface averages 600 pascals"
"The Martian atmosphere consists of approximately 96% carbon dioxide, 1.9%
argon, 1.9% nitrogen, and traces of free oxygen, carbon monoxide, water and
methane, among other gases"

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...aug_southpole/
"Mars has gotten so big in recent weeks that even a backyard telescope will
show details on the planet's surface: dust clouds, volcanic terrains, impact
basins. Best of all is the south polar cap. Made of frozen CO2 or "dry ice,"
it reflects more sunlight than any other part of the planet. The southern
hemisphere of Mars is tipped toward Earth and the bright cap is remarkably
easy to see. Don't wait too long to look, though, because the ice will soon
be gone."

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2 atmosphere
whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute Spirit and
Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce* caps at the same time?

*dryce = dry ice, the solid state of carbon dioxide, a word I coined myself.

-- Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña, Santa Gria
ria
Je suis charlie!

Old January 13th 15, 10:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jim Newman

On 13/01/2015 08:05, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2
atmosphere whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute
Spirit and Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce* caps at
the same time?

This is nothing to do with climatology
What's the point you were trying to make?

Old January 13th 15, 12:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

On 13/01/2015 08:05, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2
atmosphere whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute
Spirit and Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce* caps at
the same time?

This is nothing to do with climatology
What's the point you were trying to make?

The point I've made is that you would either evade the question or answer a
question with a question.
Not knowing the difference between a question and a point scores you -1
point.

Seems I killed three birds with one stone.

Points sco
===================
| Ravi Holy 2, Twit -1|
===================
Perhaps your accomplices in your conspiracy theory will know the answer.
Give them a chance to think about it.

Old January 13th 15, 12:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jim Newman

On 13/01/2015 12:21, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

On 13/01/2015 08:05, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2
atmosphere whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute
Spirit and Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce*

caps at
the same time?

This is nothing to do with climatology
What's the point you were trying to make?

The point I've made is that you would either evade the question or
answer a question with a question.
Not knowing the difference between a question and a point scores you -1
point.

Cutting through the bluster you seem to be asking "how much extra CO2
would be needed to cause Mars's polar dry ice to sublimate at both poles
at the same time?"
Is that right?

Old January 13th 15, 01:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:05:26 -0000, "Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa,
Los Agña" wrote this crap:

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2 atmosphere
whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute Spirit and
Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce* caps at the same time?

You won't get an answer. This group has the worst bunch on scientists
that I've ever seen. I'll bet that most of them never finished a High
School science class.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 13th 15, 01:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:47:22 +0000, Jim Newman wrote
this crap:

On 13/01/2015 08:05, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

Let's ask our three experts in climatology this question:
How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2
atmosphere whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute
Spirit and Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce* caps at
the same time?

This is nothing to do with climatology

Yes it does.

What's the point you were trying to make?

It's pretty obvious. I guess that's what you don't understand.

Old January 13th 15, 01:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

Cutting through the bluster you seem to be asking "how much extra CO2
would be needed to cause Mars's polar dry ice to sublimate at both poles
at the same time?"
Is that right?

Clearly reading comprehension isn't your forte, Twit.
Curious that you recognise my quoting Collins, yourself and Savard as
bluster, as indeed it is, of course. No argument there.
There is no reason to repeat my question, Twit, it was written in plain
English.

Old January 13th 15, 02:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jim Newman

On 13/01/2015 13:36, Pastor Ravi Holy of Ghetti Spa, Los Agña wrote:

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

Cutting through the bluster you seem to be asking "how much extra CO2
would be needed to cause Mars's polar dry ice to sublimate at both
poles at the same time?"
Is that right?

Clearly reading comprehension isn't your forte, Twit.
Curious that you recognise my quoting Collins, yourself and Savard as
bluster, as indeed it is, of course. No argument there.
There is no reason to repeat my question, Twit, it was written in plain
English.

Umm, no.
Your version of the question was poorly written; as you have confirmed,
the references to dust storms and parachutes were irrelevant. A plain
English version would be pretty much what I wrote.

Old January 13th 15, 02:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

[...]

Actually this is the wrong way to go about sublimating the Martian polar
ice caps.There are much more powerful greenhouse gases which would dot the
job like CFCs or perfluorocarbons.
Or the poles could be melted using reflective solar sails in orbit.
Old January 13th 15, 02:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Jim Newman" wrote in message ...

Cutting through the bluster you seem to be asking "how much extra CO2
would be needed to cause Mars's polar dry ice to sublimate at both
poles at the same time?"
Is that right?

Clearly reading comprehension isn't your forte, Twit.
Curious that you recognise my quoting Collins, yourself and Savard as
bluster, as indeed it is, of course. No argument there.
There is no reason to repeat my question, Twit, it was written in plain
English.

Umm, no.
Your version of the question was poorly written; as you have confirmed,
the references to dust storms and parachutes were irrelevant. A plain
English version would be pretty much what I wrote.

So your answer to

" How much more CO2 does Mars need to add to its 96% 600 pascal CO2
atmosphere whose winds raise dust clouds, thick enough to parachute
Spirit and Opportunity through, to sublime both its polar dryce caps at
the same time?"

is "Umm, no".

I've now understood your climatology "science". Thank you, Twit. No further
questions.