Celestron Case for 114 GT: lame, pathetic question to fellow owners

Old September 8th 03, 02:44 AM
Fabiosav

Default Celestron Case for 114 GT: lame, pathetic question to fellow owners

I just bought an OEM Celestron case for a 114GT. Am I supposed to cut
the foam myself? I had expected die cut slots at that price. No real
dealer help in New York, and Celestron backed up "due to Mars" as the
web page will say… Also seems a lot of space between top and foam, so
there would be play in the box.
Anyone own one, and is mine defective?

Thanks,
Fabio
Old September 8th 03, 09:42 PM
Steve

I have the Celestron accessory kit suitcase. It has the same foam that you
were describing; you must pre-cut it to fit all of your eye-pieces. There
were some holes that were already precut, just not enough for all of them to
fit. I assume the OEM case is not pre-cut to fit a variety of the Nexstar
GT line scopes.

om...