Losmandy Dovetail on an Orion SkyView Pro GEM?

Old December 6th 03, 02:21 PM
Craig Levine

Default Losmandy Dovetail on an Orion SkyView Pro GEM?

Hi all,

I have an Orion SkyView Pro German equatorial mount and tripod with ra
and dec drives etc due to arrive shortly. My refractor, due to arrive
Monday because I missed the UPS delivery on Friday (d'oh!) comes with
a Losmandy compatible dovetail plate. Does anyone know if the Losmandy
plate is compatible with the mount, or will I have to order a set of
rings? The tech-support folks at Orion couldn't answer this question.

Thanks!

- Craig

Craig Levine
Secretary
RASC, Halifax Centre
www.halifax.rasc.ca
Old December 6th 03, 07:40 PM
Joe Bergeron

In article , Craig Levine
wrote:

Hi all,

I have an Orion SkyView Pro German equatorial mount and tripod with ra
and dec drives etc due to arrive shortly. My refractor, due to arrive
Monday because I missed the UPS delivery on Friday (d'oh!) comes with
a Losmandy compatible dovetail plate. Does anyone know if the Losmandy
plate is compatible with the mount, or will I have to order a set of
rings? The tech-support folks at Orion couldn't answer this question.

Losmandy dovetail plates are much wider than the Vixen-type system used
on your Orion mount. It will not fit.

--
Joe Bergeron

http://www.joebergeron.com