Einstein Quote

Old December 17th 12, 01:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Einstein Quote

I found the quote

It has become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our
humanity. I hope that someday, our humanity might yet surpass our
technology.

when looking for one that apparently someone just made up to
illustrate photos of kids on cellphones.

I also turned up some other quotes:

A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part
limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings, as something separated from the rest a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for
us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

This sounds nice, but while I think uselfishness should be encouraged,
the fact that each of us is an individual conscious being, with
genuine self-interests, is no "delusion".

But then, here's a (possibly inaccurate, only saw it one place) quote
where the joke's on Einstein:

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of truth and knowledge
is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Einstein might have said this in reaction to those who derided
Relativity - but, sadly, it also applies to his own doubts about
Quantum Mechanics.

John Savard
Old December 17th 12, 04:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_5_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

[...]

The derision of relativity is contained in Einstein's quote:
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine
are still greater."
Einstein might have said this in reaction to his realisation that he was a
****ing hopeless
babbling moron who never passed a math exam in his life.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.

Next Einstein Giovanni Amelino-Camelia against Original Einstein(Divine Albert) Pentcho Valev Astronomy Misc 2 October 25th 11 01:00 AM
For those with greater IQ (above two hundred) - Quote from 'The Nature Of War' {HRI 20051027-V1.6} - (Quote Rev. 1.0.3) Koos Nolst Trenite Misc 2 December 15th 06 12:12 AM
Name That Quote Stuf4 History 7 June 2nd 05 10:51 PM
fun quote Birchy Astronomy Misc 0 March 22nd 05 02:53 AM
Quote of the day... Ugo Misc 2 January 26th 04 08:13 AM