Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old July 11th 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeffâ–²Relf[_30_]

Default San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Seattle.

What on Earth makes you think I don't like the Bay Area ?
I've spent lots of time in San Francisco proper and Santa Cruz,
some of my ex-wife's family is from there.

I prefer Seattle, but it's getting too expensive for me.
I always rent the cheapest room I can find ( shared housing ),
yet the price has gone up 7.3 percent each year ( since 1989 ).

Old July 11th 08, 12:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Hot and getting hotter 78F at 7am Will be 97F by 4pm I was right on
the money on that one it went north,and so will this next hurricane.
Good reason for these predictions. Reality is Columbus used these
prevailing winds to get to America and back to Spain Another accident
on I-4 this morning. Bert

Old July 11th 08, 12:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Bay Area Bill, carpenter / land Lord.

oc Like to watch model planes fly. Interesting an electric motor can
take the place of gas. Still my model planes are the smallest in the
world. They take off fly and land on their own. Can hover as well. They
are totally green, Bert

Old July 11th 08, 01:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default On Entropy and "Popping out babies" (Was.... )

On Jul 10, 7:28 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

What on Earth makes you think I don't like the Bay Area ?

My mistake then. Looks like you are a west coaster yourself if you're
in Seattle.:-) I want to take the opportunity to apologize for raggin'
on you on the "entropy" issue. I can see you are basically a good
person who's really hurting, to whom life is a bitch and "entropy" is
a euphamism for it. But you *can* turn it around 'cause you're not at
the geriatric stage by any means.
In my advanced years, life is a joy and every day a
gift to be treasured. I have a penchant for stickin' it in the eye of
the Grim Reaper (such as the ending of that very irreverant video:-)).
The Aussies also are catching onto this idea of disempowering the G.R.
with humor and 'shtick' at funerals.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080702/...a_funeral_hits

So again, apologies and wishing you the best in life.

Bill (oc)
Old July 11th 08, 02:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default New technology spinoffs for model planes (Was... )

On Jul 11, 4:14 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Like to watch model planes fly. Interesting an electric motor can
take the place of gas.

Yeah, Bert. Just in the last several years, two technologies have
grown apace: cell phone batteries and super-strength magnets. In the
'old' days of electric planes, the batteries were NiCad (heavy) and
the motors were brushed ferrite (like in Dustbuster vacs). The planes
could barely fly, and just for a few minutes on a charge. Well, the
advent of cell phones spurred the development of lithium-ion batteries
which pack a lot more energy than NiCads at a fraction of the weight.
Rightaway the RC guys latched onto this and now a whole sub-industry
has sprung up making batteries strictly for RC, now called lithium-
polymer (or 'lipo'). Alongside of this, super-strength magnets became
available at low cost, so motors are now far more powerful than the
old "Dustbuster" types. And all-electronic commutation eliminates need
for brushes, so the motors are brushless, needing zero maintanence.
Flight times are a half hour or more, depending on throttle
management. So electrics have overtaken and surpassed the gassers in
power and duration, with major advantages like no noise or oily mess,
no fiddling with mixtures, no danger of 'flameouts', and the ability
to shut down/restart in flight.
My little planes are at the low end of the power
scale, at 50-60 watts maximum. But there are now lipo/brushless setups
of 5000 watts and more (big $$). And the first experimental *full-
scale* planes are now flying on lipo/brushless power.

Old July 11th 08, 02:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Here's an example of full size 'rider scale' electric planes now
flying -

http://www.electraflyer.com/
Old July 11th 08, 05:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

NEWS FLASH: La Nina is dying!

Better change your hurricane predictions, BEERTbrain!

We wouldn't want you to be shown to be WRONG YET AGAIN!

Saul Levy

Old July 11th 08, 05:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

I prefer BIG HUNKING toys, BEERTbrain! lmao!

Screw those little tiny one! I prefer REAL TRAINS over toys.

Screw being GREEN too! Only BradBoi complains that our air is still
poluted. Outside of Florida of course.

Saul Levy

Old July 11th 08, 07:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Bert, watch out for PETA

On Jul 11, 4:14*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

..my model planes are the smallest in the
world. They take off fly and land on their own. Can hover as well. They
are totally green.

If PETA gets wind of this, they'll be on your case for treating them
horse flies badly. :-)

Old July 11th 08, 08:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Cactus Saul I can't be right all the time. I again say Bermuna has
little to worry about from Bertha. Close but no cigars Bert