UK Lidl Xmas Bresser £50 scope from Dec 18!

Old December 17th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Mark

Default UK Lidl Xmas Bresser £50 scope from Dec 18!

After the 'Extras' part of the review, the text is a tad too small.
Everything else is ok though.

Old December 17th 06, 10:40 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Details here http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa..._Telescope.ar1
My review http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm
If interest go early - most will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow!

Happy Christmas
Nytecam
Old December 18th 06, 04:40 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

nytecam wrote:
Details here http://tinyurl.com/y22yux
My review http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm
If interest go early - most will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow!

Nice review lousy background. The text was almost unreadable and the
red text was unreadable.

Old December 18th 06, 08:25 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by
nytecam wrote:
Details here http://tinyurl.com/y22yux
My review http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm
If interest go early - most will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow!

Nice review lousy background. The text was almost unreadable and the
red text was unreadable.
Glad you enjoyed it - on your mobile!!! And yes - checked in local Lidls luchtime and all the scope had been sold the the crate long since filled Xmas crakers!
Old December 18th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John[_5_]

In message , nytecam
writes

Details here http://tinyurl.com/y22yux
My review http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm
If interest go early - most will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow!

They were certainly selling like hot cakes at 8am today. Three blokes
already in line!
Pity Lidl can't add a drive motor to the kit especially since the e.
head is ready for it.
I suspect that would sell well even without the substantial discount
usually offered on Lidl's equipment. [see previous thread from 13/12].
--
John
Old December 19th 06, 11:02 AM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
In message , nytecam
writes

Details here
http://tinyurl.com/y22yux
My review http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/skylux.htm
If interest go early - most will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow!

They were certainly selling like hot cakes at 8am today. Three blokes
already in line!
Pity Lidl can't add a drive motor to the kit especially since the e.
head is ready for it.
I suspect that would sell well even without the substantial discount
usually offered on Lidl's equipment. [see previous thread from 13/12].
--
John
I think the scope price-is-right for most Xmas punters who probably have no knowledge of drives or their significants. I'd have used my Skylux more in the last year if motor driven but the specific motor costs more than the complete scope and IMO is a rip-off as it can't cost more than a few £££ to produce. Anyone found a suitable and lower cost alternative?

Nytecam

Last edited by nytecam : December 19th 06 at 11:17 AM.
Old December 19th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

nytecam wrote:

I think the scope price-is-right for most Xmas punters who probably
have no knowledge of drives or their significants. I'd have used my
Skylux more in the last year if motor driven but the specific motor
costs more than the complete scope and IMO is a rip-off as it can't
cost more than a few £££ to produce. Anyone found a suitable and lower
cost alternative?

When I were a lad you could get a chrissy pressie that consisted of a
Meccano type diy clock. Could you turn one of them into one of those?

Old December 20th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Hils

nytecam wrote

I'd have used my
Skylux more in the last year if motor driven but the specific motor
costs more than the complete scope and IMO is a rip-off as it can't
cost more than a few £££ to produce. Anyone found a suitable and lower
cost alternative?

Odd Hoydalsvik describes a way of modifiying the mount to take a Vixen
MT-1 motor (I don't know how the cost of doing this compares with the
bespoke motor.) The author has also written an illustrated guide to
regreasing the mount.

http://www.hoydalsvik.net/astrofoto/...-motor-en.html

And an earlier, similar article by Carsten Arnholm:

http://www.arnholm.org/astro/astro3/index.htm

--
Hil